Chapter 2: Skepticism

Chapter 2:

Skepticism

_________________________________________________________

They have just finished their meal and were sitting around the table contentedly. Eriol patted her belly.

"Ah, good food." He sighed. "Beats a Chinese takeout. Thank you for treating us, Syaoran."

"You're welcome, even though I'm not paying for anything. Shiefa said it's on the house. She's been bugging me to bring you here and sample her Chinese food."

"Your sister's doing well for a newly opened business. What makes her decide to stay here in Japan?"

"Have you forgotten? She got married last month to a Japanese guy."

"Oh, right." chuckled Eriol. "Maybe the food's too good it's making me forget things."

Syaoran just rolled his eyes and saw her sister approached them.

"So what do you think?" she asked excitedly.

"Three thumbs up." Eriol scored.

"Absolutely fantastic." beamed Takashi.

"Ooooooh I'm so glad you like it! And thank you for coming!"

"Nah, we wouldn't resist free food." laughed Eriol.

"But free food is nothing." said Shiefa, her eyes twinkling mischievously. "You're actually bringing me more!"

"Huh?"

She gestured around the restaurant and they looked. At first they saw nothing out of ordinary, then...

They noticed the restaurant was packed with people. And majority of them are girls.

Who were giggling...

And ogling...

At them.

The three boys sweat dropped. Syaoran shot her a glare while she retreated, laughing maniacally. "Ohohohohohoh..."

"Typical," Takashi sighed.

"Clever ruse." Chuckled Eriol.

"Opportunistic, scheming woman!" grumbled Syaoran.

They sighed.

"By the way, the cultural festival is two weeks from now, and we still don't have anything to participate."

"You're the class president, Eriol, it's your job." said Syaoran.

"That's why I'm asking for help, vice!" he said mockingly. "What do you suggest?"

"I don't know."

Eriol sighed. "Taka?"

"Haunted house?"

"Already taken."

"A play?"

"Heck no!" said Syaoran suddenly. "The last time we did that..." He shuddered.

"Well we don't have female students being an all boy's school, so we need some, you were an excellent choice." Eriol guffawed and Takashi joined him.

"No, I wasn't!" Syaoran roared indignantly.

"H-he wrecked the play!" laughed Takashi while clutching his stomach.

"Ah, priceless." Eriol wiped an invisible tear in his eye.

"I'm not doing it again!" Syaoran huffed, arms crossed. "Make Takashi do it since he enjoyed being the queen."

"It's out anyways; class 2-2 is doing the play." Said Eriol as his chuckles ebbed away.