Chapter 1- New Discoveries

Melrose's P.O.V

"Rose get up!" He knocked on the door.

I slowly opened my eyes, to have to quickly snap them shut again. The light was streaming through the window and the sunlight stung my eyes. I internally groaned and grabbed my pillow from under my head; and threw it over my face.

"We're going to be late," He yelled again, this time banging on the door. I turned my head and my eyes almost fell out of my face, when I saw the time.

 8:30 am.

"Melrose!" He shouted. I groaned at my full name and rolled out of bed.

On getting out I hit my foot on the post of my bed. "Ouch." I sat up on rubbed my foot. I glanced into the mirror. My hair was messed up and tangled, and my eyes red from opening them so quickly.

"Beau, I'm up." I reassured.

"Good it's about time. Mom and Dad left me in charge and you can't bunk off school." He carried on. I huffed and pulled on a pastel blue skater dress and vans.

I heard his retreating footsteps and I sighed. Our parents had gone on a business trip- nothing unusual. Leaving my twin Beau in charge, he was constantly freaking out over everything I did; making sure, I was fine. Which I always was, I may add.

I am older by eight minutes and yet he is left in charge- unfair.

Beau and I had never been particularly close with our parents. We always had to move away from loved ones just to cater for their jobs. We had only been in New York ten months and we had to move to Colorado.

We had been here nine months and I was really enjoying it here. I made some amazing friends and I never wanted to leave. I pulled my hair into a messy bun and applied a small amount of makeup and left.

I got downstairs and Beau was standing at the bottom, tapping his feet impatiently. He's azure eyes were staring at me.

"What?" I questioned, pulling the most innocent face I could muster. We both knew why he was so irritated but I thought I might play innocent.

 A small smile tugged at his lips. "You know that face hasn't worked since we were seven." I shrugged.

"Could have worked," I shot back.

"C'mon we better go," He said while walking towards the door. I pulled the door shut behind me and got into the passenger side of his Audi TT.

He backed out of the drive and I plugged my IPod into the stereo and played Miss Jackson by Panic! At the disco. I hummed the tune.

 Climbing out the back door didn't leave a mark

No- one knows it’s you Miss Jackson

Found another victim but no- one gunna find Miss Jackson

Jackson

 Jackson

"God help me. Not this song again," Beau sighed.

"But it's a good song." I whined with a pout. He glanced my way briefly and chuckled.

One thing about Beau, he drove like a mad man. When I say mad man, I mean it. Like seventy miles an hour on a thirty mile an hour road.

I gripped the seat preventing myself from flying forward when the traffic lights turned red. Beau turned and looked me strangely, arching an eyebrow.