Lifeguard On Duty (part 1)

{ Your POV }

Water filled my lungs.

I tried to catch my breath, but nothing was working.

I was stuck.

------ 10 Minutes Earlier ------

I stared out into the vast sea.

The waves crashed along the shore, the children splashed in the water, the dolphins swam in the far horizon.

It was absolutely mesmerizing.

I pulled my surfboard out from the sand and quickly strapped the surfboard leash around my ankle.

I ran into the water diving under the waves until I got out far enough.

I just sat there for a moment taking in the scenery, god I loved the ocean.

But... something wasn't right.

I was just getting a very bad vibe that couldn't be explained.

I was then drawn out of my thoughts by the sound of moving water behind me.

I turned around to see a massive wave right behind me.

I paddled as fast as I could, but I was too late.

The wave crashed on top on me pulling me under.

I tried to breach to get some air, but my board kept pulling me back.

It was then that I noticed that my board had gotten stuck on something along the bottom of the ocean floor.

I reached down to unleash my ankle only to find out it is completely tangled up and knotted.

How lucky am I?

------ Present Time ------

My head's spinning.

I'm not sure how long I've been underwater, but the black spots taking over my vision indicates that it's been long enough.

I yank my foot trying to get somewhat loose, but nothing is working.

I struggle and struggle, until I can't anymore.

I feel numb.

I start to go unconscious when I feel something grab me.

I turn my head and look into someone's eyes before my vision fully fades into complete and utter darkness.

{ Colby's POV}

I sat up on the lifeguard stand looking outward.

The waves were starting to get a tad rough, I hope no one gets hurt today.

I look a little to my left and notice this beautiful girl staring out into the ocean.

All she's doing is sitting there, and yet she looks like a goddess.

I see her run and paddle out into the water to a spot she deems worthy enough.

She just sits there for awhile.

I don't know what's wrong with me, but I just have this feeling that something bad is about to happen.

I peer behind her to see a gigantic wave and watch as it crashes on top of her.

I sit up straighter to try and get a better look, until I notice she's not there anymore.

Oh no.

I jump off of the stand and rush into the water.

As I swam, the current kept pulling me back, but I was determined to save this girl.

I dived underwater where I finally found the drowning beauty.

I grabbed her waist and looked into her eyes for a second before she fully passed out.

I began to yank her up before I noticed her ankle was stuck.

I went back up to the surface to quickly regain a breath and dived right back down.

I grabbed onto the cord and tugged as hard as I could.

This girl was not going to die today.

I managed to break the cord and wrapped my arms around her lifeless body.

As I brought her back to shore I heard people gasping and screaming, but I didn't care. All I cared about was seeing those bright y/e/c (your eye color) eyes again.

I gently laid her head down on the sand and began to give her compressions.

I stopped for a second and looked down at her chest.

She still wasn't breathing.

I then tilted her head back and preceded to give her mouth to mouth.

It took about 3 breaths and 45 compressions before she spit up water and began coughing.

Oh thank god.

I helped her sit up to see her looking around confused.

I gently grabbed her chin and looked into her tear filled eyes.

Tears then started to roll down her cheeks until she began to sob.

"Aw sweetie it's going to be okay," I said pulling her into my chest.

"Your okay. Everything's alright, your alright." I said as I began to rock her in my arms until she tired herself out from crying.

I picked up her tired body and went back up on top of the lifeguard stand.

I sat down and laid her across my lap, as I reached behind me for a blanket.

I wrapped her shivering body up and just held onto her.

We stayed like that for awhile, until I heard a faint voice.

"W-what happened?"