13

i pulled into the driveway, i grabbed my stained shirt from the other seat, with my bag and got out.

i walked inside, quietly shutting the door. i heard muffled sobs from my mothers room. i lightly knocked on the door.

"anna?" she sniffled. "yeah, mom, are you okay?" i asked. i heard a few things fumble and then she opened the door, she looks weak.

"do you want water momma?" i asked, going to take her hand, she flinched back. "i think i'm going bed" she said, her voice shaky. i heard something moving around in the room.

my mother looked behind her and then back at me. "do you want me to take you to school tomorrow?" she gave me a smile, it was small. "momma, are you sure you're okay?" i asked.

a tall figure came up behind her, "she's fine. get your ass to bed" his voice boomed through the house.

i looked at my mom. "you're back with him?" i asked, looking at her ex-boyfriend, well maybe not an ex anymore. "just go to bed" his voice got louder. "i was talking to my mother, not you, john." i snapped.

he shoved my mother out of his way, swinging the door fully open.  the veins all over his arms popped out, his hand collided with my cheek. "watch your tone" he yelled, shoving me towards the left, where the hall was to my room.

i heard my mom whimper as the door slammed shut.

john was my mom's abusive boyfriend. i've never liked him and i haven't seen him in a year until now.

a/n:
this chapter was a little about her home life.