{6}

School was the same for months.  Learn, Soccer, Homework, and Repeat.  It was so repetitive and the days mostly blurred together.  So both Mark and Jack were excited about having a Halloween dance at their school. 

Mark liked to participate by impersonating other students with a sheet over his head.  It was so fun to do, and it was the only time he could he could have some fun socializing without being suspicious.  Jack had simply been happy about the lack of work that weekend, but Mark had been hyping the dance up to him. 

As Mark and Jack were getting ready for the Halloween dance, Mark noticed that Jack was just putting on some fake blood and some fangs.  Also some pointy ears for some reason.  "Hey, what look are you even going for?  An angry elf?" Mark smirked.  Jack just huffed and answered, "I'm going as an alternate version of myself.  I call him 'Anti'." 

Mark was amazed that, just a few months ago, the boy would've stuttered or not been able to come up with that wit in so little time.  He was so proud of him that he smiled involuntarily.  Talking to him, though Mark was a ghost, had helped Jack learn more social skills.  "I guess talking to Felix and his friends helped a bit too..." Mark thought. 

Even though Felix's group and Jack had only met 2 months ago, they had soon become close friends.  Jack didn't talk as much as the others, but they always included him now in conversation.  Jack and Felix had become the closest the quickest, and Mark could easily see why.  Felix was a really likable person and Jack had fallen into his trap of friendship too.  Mark even felt that he could leave for the library at lunch instead of needing to stay with Jack, something he couldn't or at least wouldn't have done a month and a half prior. 

Finally Jack finished his "costume", and Mark ruffled his hair a bit as he floated past.  "To add to the effect," he said, winking as he went through the door.  Jack's mom was waiting eagerly in front of Jack's door with a small camera-phone in hand.  Mark felt a little pity for Jack, but he had to get his sheet from last year.  He had made this one more ripped up and it was even spookier than last year's. 

He did this every year; make his costume more "worn" than the last year's.  He might have to scrap this sheet soon.  But soon was not today.  He flew to a tree that wasn't far from the school and found his hidden sheet.  He then decided to rub it some more on the bark and scrape it on the bottom a bit more with some thorn-bushes behind the school. 

The Halloween dance didn't start until 7, and it was only 5:30, so there were no students or even staff on the school grounds.  Mark then hid his sheet again and went to Felix's house to kill some time. 

Mark was going to the event with Jack, but Jack would be too caught up with his ma to talk to him.  Mark decided to practice his teleportation some more, and focused on Felix's house.  Then, his eyes shutting tighter, he snapped his fingers.  Mark opened his eyes and was excited to see that his rarely used power had worked once again.  "Yes!!" Mark yelled, flying up into the darkening sky.  He went through the wall that led to Felix's room, finding him still getting his costume set up. 

Felix usually went for silly and lazy costumes.  Mark remembered last year, his costume was just wearing all black, covering all his skin, and putting a horse head on.  It was certainly a sight to behold.  Felix had to explain to almost everyone that he was supposed to be a floating horse head.  To which everyone he told laughed, including Mark. 

But this year, Felix was going all out on what seemed to be a crazy-cat-lady costume.  He had a fluffy bath robe on and he wore a messy blonde wig on top of his naturally messy blonde hair.  He was gathering some of his pug, Edgar's, cat toys, which he stuffed into his pockets and some he set aside, presumably to hold.  He even had some really tacky makeup sitting on his bed, probably to be applied at the last possible second. 

Mark just couldn't help but laugh until he cried.  This costume may be the funniest and silliest he had ever seen, and he had been to a lot of costume parties.  Once Mark had calmed down a bit, he realized that it was almost 6:45!  He had to get Felix to finish the costume quickly.  Then he thought of something. 

He flew over to the digital alarm clock next to Felix's bed and started the alarm, making Felix jump and squeal.  It sounded somewhere between a dying mouse and a screeching cat.  Mark giggled, and was soon proud of his idea when Felix stopped the god awful sound and looked at the time.  "Sh*t.." he muttered under his breath, picking up the makeup and messily applying it to his lips and cheeks.  He yelled to his parents that he was leaving as he ran out the front door. 

Mark giggled some more, then decided to head to the school himself.  Jack was probably waiting there too.  He then thought he'd try something new with his teleporting power.  Mark now could confidently teleport himself and Jack to the school or other buildings he knew well with little effort, but could he teleport to a person he knew like the back of his hand? "Well, I'll never know if I don't try." 

He closed his eyes tightly, focusing more than he had ever focused in his entire focusing career, and snapped his fingers. 

Hi!!
I'm so sorry about the long wait, but chapter 6 is finally here! 

Also, just a funny side comment, I've gone trick-or-treating in both of Felix's costumes.  Yeah.  That's where the detail came from.  My own costumes.  The only difference was that in my floating horse head costume, I was actually a floating unicorn head. 

Here's me in my cat lady costume and my sister in her dinosaur onesie.  Yes.  That was her costume last year.  And, no, that's actually my real hair, not a wig.  It hurt to take those curlers out 😂😭.

Also I find it amusing that I wrote a Halloween chapter so far before Halloween

Also I find it amusing that I wrote a Halloween chapter so far before Halloween.  I just like Halloween.  And if you are somehow reading this on Halloween, Happy Halloween to you! 😋

I don't know.  It just came to me. 

Anyways...

Buh-Bye!!!