Chapter 4

Hi Guys, so this is a bit of a long chapter but packed full of stuff!!!! I loved writing it and hope you enjoy reading it because I love you all and want you to love the book – Happy reading!!!

***

Hiding my shock behind a seductive smirk practiced on many before, I sauntered up behind Tony and stood slightly away from the chair he’d taken at the table. The fellow members of the party followed suit and took seats at the large wooden table, any accomplices standing behind them or walking around the room.

Removing my jacket, I slipped it off my shoulders, exaggerating the movement to be sure that I caught Xavier’s attention. Knowing I’d caught his eye, I slowly turned around so that my back was facing him (literally). I came dressed to impress and the backless shirt only connected by the two pieces of string left little to the imagination. I walked over to the wall of the room and slung the jacket over the seats by the windows before walking back and placing my hands on Tony’s chair.

I winked at Xavier and blushed as he smirked back.

“Good evening, Gentleman, Ladies,” his eyes drifted over to me, his head tilted with that snapback sitting on the crown of his skull. “I’m pleased you could all make it.

“Now, I’m sure we all know why you are here. My father and I are running a deal with Russian mafia gang, Quanto’s Brothers, and we are looking for partners and a merger in order to help us supply and store the goods before they can be transported elsewhere for later shipping and sales.

“The goods are drugs, illegally imported, but hey, it’s how we make our money_” Xavier broke off half way through his chuckle, stopping dead. I froze, eyeing the place curiously. Xavier straightened up and walked around the table, stopping behind a member of the Unity, and placing both hands on the table, leaned down until his face was inches from the representative’s face. He lifted his hand and dug it into the terrified man’s shirt, rustling about before pulling out a cable and hearing device attached. Oh shit, I thought.

Xavier grinned like the Cheshire cat and chucked the device to the security guard closest to him. “Dev, is that what I think it is?” Xavier all but snarled.

“Yessir, a recording device,” Dev answered, tucking the device back into his pocket.

“Take him outside,” Xavier said softly, thought it sounded like a shout in the deathly silent room.

“No, no please,” the man cried out, thrashing out against the security guards before trying to make a run for it out of the door of the conference room. Scrambling with the knob he was about to turn it when_ BANG!

My heart stuttered for a moment but I was quick to cover my terror was a face of stone.

Xavier tucked the gun back into his jacket before waving to the other men, “Clean it up and get him out of here,” he ordered and as if nothing had even happened, he smiled at the rest of the group. “Copper Jamie Ryland – under-cover. We’ve had the Unity gang under surveillance for a while now and confirmed they were FBI. Panic over, it’s all taken care of and the “unity” gang will finish up the case tomorrow having no sufficient leads to continue their inquiry.

“Right, back to business. After examining all the contracts and proposal put up by each of you, I have decided that due to reputation as well as proposal, we are decided to work with the TX3 gang. Casts will also work with us as allies of the TX3 as well as be in charge of arranging further transportation regarding the merchandise nationally.”

I breathed a sigh of relief. We’d got it! That should get Louis off of my back for the time being. I fetched my jacket as everyone was exiting the room, Tony and Xavier shaking hands with the leader of Casts, Jeremiah. I whispered in Tony’s ear that I was going for a drink and that he should come and find me at the bar once everything was sorted there and walked out of the room, fully intending to go back and join the party when a strong hand grasped my arm.