Chapter 6

So, I know. I’ve been a bad person and been late with the whole uploading thing and I’m truly SORRY about that – to make-up for it, I am uploading the next two chapter at the same time and so you won’t have to wait for Xavier’s and Harleigh’s date!

Please:

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

Whatever but just keep reading is the main thing! I love you all!!!!!!!

Xxx

***

Ever since the meeting at the Monroe’s compound, my mind had been purely focused on Xavier and when I’d next get to meet with him.

The next morning after he’d texted me, I woke up, a bright, bubbly smile on my face and hopped into the shower with a rush, clearly not aware I had something along the lines of 10 hours to get ready for my date that night. Oiling up my loupe and flannel, I washed and cleaned myself before stepping out into a big fluffy towel.

Wrapping my wet hair up into a towel, I went over to my chest of draws and pulled out a pair of denim shorts and a top and slipped my feet into a pair of Christian Louboutin sandals – what can I say? I have a serious weakness for shoes. Possibly the only plus side that came from me working for the TX3 was because I got ridiculously compensated for my time. Not to say that I was rolling in it but working for the right people paid well and I’d earned a generous salary for my time along with a nice amount of documented police evidence that could safely stick me behind bars for a few years. I only kept a bit of the money back for myself – if I was going to prison, I was going to with a couple of grand on my feet – and the rest I slowly sifted into my brother’s bank account my dad had opened for us, avoiding questions by placing the money squarely on Dad’s shoulders. Too polite to ask, Dan never mentioned the money to Dad, keeping my secret’s fairly close to my chest for now.

I crept down the stairs and into the kitchen, straight into Melisa who was smiling knowingly at me. “Hey,” she whispered.

“Hey,” I said back.

“You alright?” Melisa teased.

“What are you doing down here?” I asked.

“You know how your brother gets when he doesn’t get his rest, and he pretty busy last night, if you know what I mean,” Melisa nudged me.

“Oh, my dear Lord, stop right there, I am sooo not ready to hear about yours and my brother’s sex life and, to be completely honest with you Mel, I’m not sure I ever will be,” I said, exasperated.

“Fine, sensitive, but yeah, I’m heading back up to him now, so if you don’t want your ears damaged, I’d suggest you hop on outta here,” Mel warned me.

Rolling my eyes, I hurried into the kitchen, grabbed an Alpine bar out of the cupboard, ran back upstairs to fetch my bag and sketch book and shouted quickly “Off to college, will be back later this evening!” I barely waited for a reply and dashed out the front door.

Hastily texting Zeni to be ready in five, I swung my bag into the back seat, tucking my sketch book and iPod on top and drove off towards her house. Once I’d arrived, I knocked on the front door. I gulped when I saw who’d answered.

Raymond was Zeni’s cousin, and unlike Josh, the much friendlier and lovely relative; Raymond was scary and always put me on edge. He didn’t live with the siblings but I’d seem him often at TX3 meetings and he was one of Louis’ advisors, some you really wouldn’t want to get on the wrong side of.