~9~

A/N: Here's your trigger warning for this chapter

0o0o

Poseidon was going to kill his brothers. He was going to kill them and dance on the remains of their bodies and scatter their subconsciouses so thin that they'd never reform in Tartarus or any other place.

First, they want to kill a mortal woman that he loved almost as much as Amphitrite. Now, they want his son dead, again. They wanted him dead at age twelve with the bolt/helm fiasco, the following winter they wanted him dead, because they didn't know where his loyalties were, and they even wanted him dead solely because he existed.

He gripped the armrests to his throne, his knuckles stark white against the bluish tint of his throne. His trident was in its holster, sea green energy radiating from its spear points. Hestia was looking at him in concern, a small frown adorning her face. Poseidon waved off her concern with a brush of his hand, but she continued to sneak covert glances at him, worried that he was going to blow something up.

Zeus flashed in with exaggerated flair in the form of a blazing white lightning bolt. Hera appeared in a smaller bolt beside him, a regal expression settled across her face, but Poseidon could see the mix of worry and disdain in her coffee brown eyes. He had no idea what she felt about Percy, but he knew she had a tad bit of respect for his son. Maybe she would vote to keep him alive.

The rest of the council flashed in, Hades included. Poseidon was glaring daggers at both of his brothers; a storm almost began brewing around him. It took all of his willpower to not lash out on Zeus and Hades like he had done at the last council meeting. And there were still two weeks until the winter solstice.

"Hades and I have summoned this council meeting for one purpose only: The fate of Perseus Jackson," Zeus said, his expression a mixture of indifference and anger. His Master Bolt was in hand, sparking at his touch.

Athena groaned. "What did that sea spawn do now?"

"Treat him with some respect, sister," Hermes pleaded, tapping something into his phone. "He did win the affection of your favorite daughter, after all."

She huffed, crossing her arms across her chest, sliding back into her throne with a scowl. "Well, Father?" Athena asked. "Why does the council care about Perseus' fate?"

"We care," Hades said, "because he has cheated death."

Silence filled the throne room, and no one moved a muscle. Aphrodite's lipstick stayed suspended in midair between her hand and her lips; Hephaestus dropped something he was tinkering with; Demeter dropped the box of cereal she was holding; Hera just stared; Hestia continued tending to the fire with a shocked expression; Hermes set his phone down; Apollo pulled out his ear buds; Artemis' fingers stayed frozen on one of the shafts of an arrow; and Dionysus, well, the old drunk was contentedly sleeping in his throne.

"What?" Artemis asked, breaking the silence in the room. She placed the arrow back in her quiver. "First you say his mother has cheated death, and now him?"

"Yeah, what's the meaning of this, Uncle H?" Apollo asked, his expression actually serious for once.

"Don't you dare butt into this conversation, Apollo!" Poseidon growled, gripping his trident with both hands now. "I know about the note you gave to Zeus' son! Don't you ever play me for a fool!"

Apollo shrunk into his throne in shame, his face flushing, causing for Artemis to glare at Poseidon. He brushed it off. His niece wasn't the scariest deity the council had to offer, in his opinion.

"Care to explain?" Hephaestus grumbled, polishing something with an oily cloth in his lap.

He grinned like a mad man. "Gladly."