~15~

Slight trigger warning for this chapter
~~~~

Bianca was furious at her unconscious cousin. Leave it to boys to screw everything up, she thought bitterly before berating herself for thinking that about Percy. She would've never had the guts to do half of the things he had done, and that included turning down godhood from Zeus.

Poseidon had finished tying Percy to Frank's marble pillars that were inside his Praetor's house, sure that the pillars would hold now that he was without his powers. Once that was done, the god had left in a rush, only leaving a note on how they might receive the magic to heal Percy.

And it was near impossible.

"How could he ask this of us?" Reyna asked, rereading the note Poseidon had left them. "Hecate has few favorites, such as Circe, but even then, it would be like selling your life into her servitude for this."

"She favors me," Hazel said weakly, sounding unsure that she would risk her life. "But I wouldn't want to be her slave."

"I really don't like the idea of you going, Hazel," Frank said worriedly. "Hecate nearly let you be killed once, I don't want that to happen again."

"I don't want you going either," Reyna agreed. "You may speak with the goddess, see what her price is, but try to use and Iris-message or get Mellie's aura friends to help you out, not a direct confrontation."

"Okay," Hazel said. "If she seeks me out, though, I'll see what she wants."

Bianca stood awkwardly to the side, dabbing the cool cloth against Percy's feverish skin. It terrified her how fast the disownment, more like disease, progressed. Only a few hours in and already experiencing symptoms. Poseidon had warned him that sea children fared the worst of all children, and sadly, it rang true. Not that she had ever experienced something like that before, she had died only a few days after finding out that she was a demigod.

She wasn't surprised that no one was referring to her for answers. She barely knew anything about mythology other than what she learned as a Hunter and from Nico's Mythomagic game. She wondered if he still played. At least he still had the statue she had given him.

"I'm sorry," Bianca whispered to Percy, fully aware that he couldn't hear her. "For almost shooting you, and for not paying attention to Leto. But I'll try everything to bring you back."

"We will speak more of this later," Reyna said. "But Frank and I must go lead the Senate for another meeting. We'll see you later, Hazel. Oh, and you too, Bianca," she hastily added, walking briskly out of the house with Frank tagging along behind her.

Hazel looked Bianca up and down, a small pout on her face. Bianca brushed a stray hair that had fallen out of her braid behind her ear, dabbing the cool cloth into the water again before resting it on Percy's forehead.

"Can I do something for you?" Bianca asked, readjusting Percy's neck, so he wouldn't wake up with a crick.

"You're really Bianca?" Hazel asked, pulling one of the chairs from the dining table over. "Nico's biological sister, Bianca?"

She gave a polite smile. "Indeed. I've heard much about you...although I can't remember how."

"Nico told me that you had already been reborn when he found me. How could you know anything about me?"

"How am I alive? We both have unanswered questions, Hazel."

"Wait, if you're Nico's sister...that means you're also from another century!"

"That seems to please you," Bianca said bitterly.

"No!" Hazel exclaimed, and it seemed like she might've been blushing - Bianca couldn't tell. "It's just that I'm from the 1940s, too. The twenty-first century is weird."