Chapter 16

Johns POV -Edited-

  A knock awoke me the next morning. It was like seven in the morning, and somebody was at our door disturbing our peace.

  "I'll get it!" Lafayette called out. Thank God I didn't have to get it. I didn't want to get up and get ready just to answer the fucking door. "John it's for you!" Lafayette called out. I groaned.

  Who the hell would be here for me.... fucking Alexander.

  I slid from my bed, and threw my hair in a very messy ponytail. I slid some jeans over my boxers, and tiredly walked down the stairs. I was in no mood to talk to Alexander.

  "What," I breathed out. Alexander's eyes lit up when he saw me.

  "I came to apologize," He started.

  "Okay, well I'm not accepting your apology," I told him, turning around and starting to head back up the stairs.

  "Hey, I'm not done," Alexander whined childishly. Now whos the child?

  "Fine. But I'm only giving you five minutes," I told him. He gave me a thankful smile.

  "Lafayette is my friend, and your his brother. I had an amazing girlfriend who I didn't want to hurts feelings. Your so fucking oblivious, and that's not my fault John. If I were to have shown actual signs of liking you, id have been betraying Eliza and Lafayette. I already hurt Eliza for you multiple times. If I admit to liking you, I'll be hurting Lafayette because he's my best friend. Do you get it now?" He asked. 

  "Lafayette would want me to be happy," I whispered.

  "Yeah, he would. He would also accept it if I liked his little brother. But there are factors your not looking at. One, I'm eighteen, your fifteen. Two, you never told me you were gay, I had to hear it from Lafayette, so even if I had liked you I wouldn't have thought I even had a chance because you never told me. Three, you never told me you liked me, I once again had to hear it from Lafayette. And four, maybe if you had asked if I liked you, I would have said yes."

  "Why did you insult me?" I asked. "It was pointless."

  "To cover up the fact that I love you," He said. "L-like you," He corrected, although the correction was a lie.

  "Okay, your forgiven. Now get out of my face," I told him.

  "But-"

  "I said get. out."

  "But I want you to be my boyfriend. I broke up with Eliza for you," He begged.

  "I said bye." I shoved Alexander outside, and slammed the door. I looked up at Lafayette. "Happy?" I asked him.

  "I thought you liked him?" Lafayette asked me.

  "No I loved him, and I still do. Your point is?" I asked him.

  "He just kind of asked you out and you kind of rejected him?"

  "Woops, I don't care."

  "John, what the hell is wrong with your brain?" Lafayette asked me.

  "Nothing. I'm smarter than everyone in this house. You get close to someone, and they hurt you. Alexander hurt me once, I'm not letting it happen again," I explained.

  "Your gonna be hurting worse not being with him. Just risk it. Aaron's risking his figure by being with me, although nobody really knows."

  "Whatever," I breathed out.

  "You do know, he's liked you since he first saw you? He told me he liked you. I told him go for it, and yeah I was kind of jealous you were gonna steal him from me, but I said he could have you. He was going to break up with Eliza far before, but that was before you came out to me, and Alexander was unsure about it all. He didn't want to lose Eliza if he couldn't have you," Lafayette told me.

  I covered my ears, and walked up the stairs.

  Maybe I should have said yes. I'm not gonna get hurt every time, but if I don't try, ill never know if he will hurt me or not.