The Abandoned House

It all started what feels like centuries ago, I was only 20 years old at the time, But i was already on the run from my past. Who would have guessed i would end up dying before i was born?

I was walking down a gravel road pretty much in the middle of nowhere, the night was pitch black and the cold wind blew through me like ice cycles.

My black jacket and dark denim jeans Made me pretty much fit in with the night, My fair skin how ever made me Neon white to those who randomly passed by..

I've been walking and hiding out for a little over a week now i think. I kind of last track of time after my third day sleeping on a park bench.

The reason why I'm on the run? Its not a bad thing.

This man. My so called father. He would physically and mentally abuse my brother Adam and i.

Every day, this poor excuse of a man would come home and pass out on the front porch just shit faced drunk.

If he did make it inside the house, he usually left his blacka nd blue signature on my face.

One day i couldn't take it any longer. I packed up adams clothes and only food for me,

I stole enough money from dads wallet to pay for adam a place at the boys home in Georgia, They would take care of him there until i came back to get him once i found us a home.

But a week has gone by and ive started to loose hope, No job, no hope, no friends, no home

...

That's when i seen it...

There was a small home up ahead, i could see a small light flicker in the window, i was far enough away not to be noticed but close enough to barely make out a dark figuring coming out the front door, It made its way to a pick up truck, turned its headlights on and pulled out of the drive away..

I dived behind a bush nearby as the truck drove pass me...

I scurried closer to the house, there were no more cars in the drive, only the little flicker of light coming from the front window.

I carefully walked closer to the front porch to peek inside the window, I could see Old furniture, but the house seemed nicely kept...and there was music playing from somewhere with in the home...

Maybe if i only...

I reached for the black cold circular doorknob and gave it a small turn

*click*

The door opened...

"Hello?"

I hollered out

"Is there anyone in here?"

"I promise hot to harm you, im only looking for a nights sleep, and im incredibly starved.."

I cried out but i never got a reply.

I walked furture in to the home...The feeling i got was a safe one, I dont know how but i felt as if i had been here before...

The kitchen was on the right, as soon as you stepped in,, and it smelled of chocolate chips..

I walked over right as a timer went off,

"That person must have put them on...but then why would they leave?"

I turned off the stove and strolled on through the house, On the opposite side there was a living room, a large couch, a fireplace and a table, a few pictures of an old time garage and cars from the 50s... i carried on down the hall to find a set of stairs.