Explanations

" I know we just got back talking but who is this? " he gestured toward Lucas. I totally forgot he was here.
"I was wondering the same thing. " My brother said.
I don't know how ima explain this one.

I looked at Lucas and he gave me a look that said "They're your family. You do it. "
"Umm, Dad this Lucas. My boyfriennnd. "

My Dad didn't say anything he just walked up to Lucas and looked him in the eye, giving him a death glare.  And said, "Nice to meet you, treat my daughter with respect. " then he  shook his hand.

Im surprised that MY Dad would accept Lucas that easily. Maybe he was just trying to get on my good side. My brother on the other hand was not  going  so easy.

"Who are you to think your good enough to date my sister."

Lucas opened his mouth to say something but Darnell cut him off.

"Did I say you could speak? ".... "I think not. No one is good enough to date my sister, nor talk to her. So you coming in here talking bout you her boyfriend is not gone fly with me. Tell me this how long y'all been dating? "

I was about to say something but Darnell said, "Let the BOY answer the question".  So I kept my mouth shut.

"We've been dating for about four months. "

"What do you want from her? Money, or recognition? Probably both. A hood rat like you looking to a come up Is  that it. "

"How could you say that Darnell. Your spose to be my big bro n support me not. "

Lucas raised his hand n mouthed "I got it ma. "

"First thing first is that I don't need nothing from yo sister. I got my own career n I can take care of  my damn self. For you to call me a hood rat just cause im not one of yo bouji ass friends is an insult. I got my own money n fame.  I mighta grew up in the hood but I'm not one of these hood niggas that need some female to support me. So please for yo best interest dont come at me like that again. Unless ya gotcha mothafucking facts straight."

    Lucas then turned to my dad an said, "Sir I apologize for my  foul language. And I know we dont know each otha but I really like you daughter. An I'd like to be able to stay longer so I can get to know her better. "

"Lucas, right? Your the first person that my daughter has dated that actually stood up to us. Your a man and I guess we're just use to little  boys who try and use my daughter.  Your alright with me young man."