zero

josh couldn't stop thinking about that guy from yesterday.

he remembered how his eyes were literally yellow, and how pale he was. he was nice, though, and cleared up his suspicions about a ghost roaming the streets in the early mornings. or who knows, maybe he was a ghost and josh was just another cole sear.

he was in school now, sighing to himself as he watched people pass by him. he was always an outcast, having only one friend that didn't mind him, except he lived in california. it's not like he couldn't make friends, he just had the luck of ass to where they all would ditch him as soon as the door for popularity opened, or they'd move away.

which was alright, but he decided to stop trying a long time ago.

he averted his attention back to the book he was reading, marveling at pictures of fantasy creatures. he liked reading up on lore, just in case the world we to be taken over by zombies or something.

he would know what to do then.

flipping a page, he began to read about vampires from the plague era. apparently, you were supposed to eat vampire blood bread to avoid an attack, but josh knew that these books always made things scarier than they actually were.

besides, vampires don't even exist.

he enjoyed stuff like this, sitting under the empty gazebo by the library. the wind wasn't too strong, and the sunlight poured through the netting in the roof just enough for him to see clearly and stay warm through the chilly breezes nipping at his skin.

he was startled from his book when a hand slammed down on the open pages, pushing him out of his thoughts. he shut his eyes, tired of this, trying to figure out how he'd deal with him today. he looked up at zero.

"what are you reading?" zero asked, his intimidating grey eyes scanning over the book

"nothing." josh tried to take the book from underneath his hand, but sighed when it was grabbed back.

"vampires, huh? what, are you into twilight, now?"

"it's a book, calm down."

"hey, don't get defensive. did i offend you and your vampire boyfriend or something?"

"can i have my fucking book back?"

josh instantly regretted it when zero threw the book at his face, causing his nose to become all prickly and cold. his eyes began to tear as he stood up, his face staring to ache. in no time, zero balled his shirt collar in his fist, getting in his face.

"you talk to me like that one more time, i'll break your neck, do you understand?"

josh turned his face away from zero, who chuckled lowly and let go of josh. in an instant, he pushed him, hard, making him stumble over the railing of the gazebo. josh landed in the grass with a thud, groaning in pain as he hit the ground. he laid there, feeling defeated and disappointed. this happened almost every day, and he was upset with himself. it's almost as if he would just let it happen, but he didn't want to make extra trouble for himself.

he felt like a pushover.

zero left, josh hearing his footsteps grow softer in the grass as he walked away. he got up, brushing the dirt off of himself and circling around the gazebo, picking up his book and leaving.

he hated this.