come in

josh missed tyler.

he stayed by his window, even after he was so rude to him. it probably wasn't tyler's fault, but josh was so clouded with rage and confusion, he needed to point fingers somewhere. his mother's bedroom door had stayed shut since that day, the smell of copper and flesh becoming overwhelming on that side of the hallway, so josh just kept to himself in his room. he had no idea what to do with it, if he should do anything.

it was silent in here.

there was no more banter back and forth between himself and tyler, there was no more smells of breakfast being cooked in the kitchen from his mom. he was beginning to get thin, feeling sick to his stomach whenever he tried to eat someone out of his fridge. the bags underneath his eyes were dark, creases upon creases on top of his cheeks.

he needed to talk to someone, the silence becoming too much, but he had no one.

the thing is, tyler had never left josh. he used to sleep, but now he spent time leaning against the thick bark of the tree next to josh's house, making sure he wasn't doing anything, despite the circumstances. josh would sometimes see him, wordless communication spoken towards him through his fragile eyes, but he would never talk to him.

tyler hurt.

he felt awful, like he had the flu. his body was tired from trying to fix everything, his head ached from using his energy every single night to get them to leave josh alone. the only thing he was missing were the sick sniffles and fevers. they were after josh, but tyler wouldn't have any of it.

he refused to.

josh saw how worn out tyler was every time he was outside of his window, guilt rising in his chest because he wouldn't let him in, but all he remembered where the sets of holes in her neck, knowing exactly where it came from, and josh would shut the blinds on his window to forget it.

it was dark.

josh knew tyler was still out there, and he missed him being in here with him, but he kept the blinds closed. he couldn't look at his face, or more feelings of guilt would choke him out within his own bedroom. he sat on his mattress, reading, trying anything to take away the feelings of grievance that were quickly overwhelming him by now, but it was in vain.

warm tears pooled at his eyes, painting clear stripes down his cheek as they trickled off of his chin. his heart felt like it was being squeezed of every last emotion he had left, and soon he was sobbing again, his head in his hands. he faintly heard the window open, the blinds being rummaged through, and then there were arms wrapping around his frame. he could barely see drops of blood staining the grey hoodie that tyler had been wearing, knowing why it was happening, but he didn't put a stop to it.

maybe he wanted tyler to experience a piece of what he was feeling, or maybe he was too tired to invite him in. but it was only when the drops became faster and he felt tyler trembling that josh couldn't take it.

"come in." he whispered, leaning into tyler's chest.

the drops had ceased, and he had stopped crying, tyler hugging him tightly. all he wanted was revenge, to slice the throat of the ones that murdered his mother. she was still there, almost like a sick reminder that they were here, and they were out to get him.

he was willing to kill himself just to see the face of death on one of them.