• F O R T Y F I V E •

Persephone, huh? She was like a prodigious kingdom. Her room was like the hall of torment and woe, painted in the hue of the ink in which she noted down her despair. When she would return from war, her sword would be embedded in blood and her ribs loaded with bullets. She would pour herself a cup of coffee, looking dolorous and sleep on her warm bed, calculating her mistakes. She was like a white puddle of blood and this world was red, and it forced her to lose her colours.

She was hypnotising and unconditional inveigle, her closet full dresses and lipsticks. Yet she knows that she had a kingdom of dead, her heart, to rule. Her throne and the bronzed crown that she wore was nothing but a second skin, dripping of sick lies. There were fault lines everywhere in her house. Her curtains on fire and her kitchen drugged. Her veins were salted roses. A stench of death lingers around her.

Maybe she was not Aphrodite. Aphrodite really loved destroying everyone with her thin waist and full lips. But Persephone was herself destroyed yet she ruled both roses and thorns. She just a goddess who slept on satin sheets, hid away things with her sweet lies saturated in ashes and played in a huge garden. But everyday she would wake up just to rip her burnt skin and go down a dark valley.

Her head was flooded with fire and coffins. She had made bridges between her and this world. Bridges of poems. I wonder what a freak Hades was. Did he like the taste of this girl who tasted like crimson orange? But he made her touch seem like a funeral. I don't understand that were they in love or just had strings of butterflies connected them? Because butterflies eventually have their beautiful wings broken.

~ From the wattpad
book ‘Come Find me’
by Sampurna