although i know we'll never meet, you're ever part of me

Yᴏᴜ'ᴅ ꜰɪᴛ ᴘᴇʀꜰᴇᴄᴛʟʏ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ,
Wᴇ'ᴅ ᴇɴᴅ ᴏᴜʀ ʟᴏɴᴇʟɪɴᴇss,
Mᴇʟᴛ ᴛʜɪs ᴄᴜʀsᴇ ᴀᴡᴀʏ.
Tʜᴏᴜɢʜ I'ʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɴᴀᴍᴇ,
I'ʟʟ ᴄʀʏ ꜰᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ

• ♫ •

There has always been that person in your dreams, the one that makes you laugh in your sleep, makes your tears fall without your body knowing, and has you waking up in the middle of the night, your heart pounding right out of your chest. You have never met him before, not even once. He was just a memory, a figment of your imagination in your head. Although you never really knew his name, you know the back of his head like the back of your hand, but as he turns around to face you, you wake up into your reality away from the worlds where you meet. He, then, appears randomly into your dreams, surprising you with his company when you least expect it. He holds your hand and shows you different places every night, travelling to worlds that you haven't seen before, and even worlds that you thought never existed. You were perfect for each other, every part of his fits exactly with yours. Finally, there was one place in this universe where you felt complete. You wait in silence every night, wishing you were fast asleep, and wondering if he is waiting there in the world of your own.

One night, he tells you the most unexpected thing about him — his name. Then you suddenly wake up, happy to finally know a part of him that you never thought you would ever know. It gave you hope that he may somehow also exist in this reality you live in, bearing the same name from your dreams. In the following nights, you bury yourself in thoughts of him, hoping you would catch a glimpse of him again. But, you never realized it was the last.

You never dreamt about him ever again.