:: Chapter Fifty One ::

Malice glanced around the meeting room at their base. The three allied captains were gathered with their first mates and one or two of their most trusted crew members. It was a meeting they had every few weeks to compile what intel they'd gathered over their target and how much damage had been inflicted. One of the men on Hawkin's crew had a devil fruit ability that if he marked someone with the touch of his left hand he could see them at any time and hear what they were talking about, he'd managed to mark one of Kaido's men and they got a lot of intel through his ability. Though he could only have one target at a time and had to make contact to obtain a new target, so they could only monitor one person's actions, but it had proven quite useful so far.

"I have some new intel." The Captain of the On-Air Pirates announced suddenly while the others were getting off topic exchanging remarks on weaponry.

Malice felt uneasy as she looked to the long-armed man, something in his gaze set her on edge. His crew wasn't usually in charge of obtaining information, not that it was entirely impossible for them to find something out on a raid, but it seemed odd to her that he would come forward so late in the meeting.

Kid was completely oblivious to these concerns and looked to Apoo curiously, "Well what is it?"

"Kaido's going to be away from his main base on that winter island, it'll be the perfect time to strike and we'll make some headway taking such a critical stronghold."

Kid and Hawkins seemed to be heavily considering this information without question. They were both thinking of the best plan of infiltration. However, the newly restored crimson haired beauty had questions and lots of red flags.

"Wait." Malice growled as she noticed Kid and Hawkins getting somewhat excited about the prospect of possibly taking down one of Kaido's strongest bases of operation. "Where exactly did you obtain this information?"

"During an attack on one of his ships." Apoo shrugged.

"You haven't personally been on one of the ship attacks since before our last meeting, why wouldn't you have brought it up then?" Malice pondered and she noticed Hawkins mulling this over and looking to their supposed ally curiously.

"I needed to make sure it wasn't a false tip or a trap." Scratchman looked a little uneasy.

"And how exactly did you confirm this information?" Malice challenged him as she reached for the dagger at her waist.

"What exactly are you trying to say, girl?" He glowered as he jumped to his feet ready to lash out.

"I don't trust you." Malice hissed and leapt to her feet with her dagger in her hand, "I think you'd lead us into a trap."

"WHAT?!" Apoo snarled.

"Sit down." Kid reached out and caught the enraged girl by the back of her simple black long-sleeved shirt and pulled her back into her seat.

"Kid!" Malice snarled enraged as she fell back onto her seat before shooting him a dark glare. "He's going to betray you!"

"Hey! Take that back!" One of the On Air Pirates raged and all of Scratchman's subordinates leapt to their feet drawing their weapons as they turned on the crimson haired girl.

"Don't make baseless accusations!"

"It's not baseless!" Malice raged and leapt to her feet once again.

"So, where's your proof?" Apoo shot.

Killer was on his feet trying to hold back the enraged crimson haired girl and keep the peace between the two crews. "Malice, you can't just accuse him like this, we're allies." He tried to remain calm, but the look in her hellish eyes had all of the Kid Pirates on edge.

"I never agreed to an alliance!" Malice snarled but cut off with a gasp as Kid caught her by the back of her neck lifting her off the ground effortlessly.

"Sit down." He growled.

"Remember what happened the last time you refused to listen to me?" Malice hissed, "How'd that work out for you?"

The Kid Pirates flinched. Malice had tried to warn them all to leave before she'd been captured. Kid was stubborn and because of his pride and stubbornness everyone nearly died, Kid lost an arm and Malice had fallen into Kaido's clutches. Kid recoiled at her harsh words and released her from his hold staring at her in a daze as she spun to him with a hellish glare.

"Maybe you should start listening to me." She hissed before turning on her heel swatting him in the face with her long crimson hair as she stormed out of the room slamming the door behind her with enough force the entire room trembled.

"Malice!" Kid had regained his cool composure and let out a snarl of rage before tearing after her leaving everyone holding their breath in the meeting room.

There was a loud crash down the hall and the entire base shook from the force of it causing all the Kid Pirates to flinch. The On Air Pirates still looked angry and on edge while the Hawkins Pirates looked to their captain curiously as he calmly flipped through his tarot deck, he felt unsettled by the girl's outburst, and had to admit he had an uneasy feeling in the pit of his stomach.

"Does this mean, I get to be Captain now?" Titan asked the first mate softly as there was a series of shouts from down the hall followed by another loud crash that shook the entire base.

"NO!" Killer, Heat, Wire and Spike snapped angrily as they all smacked him over the back of the head.

Killer sighed and went to see what the damage was as it sounded like their fight had ended. He stepped out into the hall and felt his heart stutter in his chest as he looked down the hall only to find the base had been completely destroyed and opened out to the island, they'd leveled half the base. Cautiously he made his way through the rubble and destruction.

He paused as he spotted Kid and Malice standing before a cloud of smoke and fire, kissing. Clearing his throat, he chuckled to himself as they separated and turned to him with matching glares.

"What?!" They growled in unison.

"I see you two have kissed and made up." Killer chuckled.

"Shut up!" They snapped simultaneously.

"And have you two come to a decision?" Killer pondered.

"Yes, our captain is a moron." Malice shot a halfhearted glare in Kid's direction.

"You don't have any proof that he's betrayed us." Kid pointed, "And I can't make all my decisions based on your every whim and dislike for people. We'll just be on guard."

"And when it's a trap and we all get killed?" Malice pondered and Killer grew uneasy, they hadn't resolved anything, they were still fighting, they'd just run out of things to destroy without killing anyone in the process.

"Then you can say, I told you so." Kid shrugged.

"Idiot." Malice growled.

Video- Secrets and Lies By Ruelle