Chapter One: The Runaway

She was running. From Him. He ruined her life. She didn't even know who he was, nor did she really know who she was, but she knew he had ruined her. He kidnapped her from her parents when she was 1 years old, from who knows where, and yet, here she was, seven years old, and running. No one taught her how to read, and when she tried teaching herself, the words got all jumbled up on the page, and gave her a headache. So she didn't know where she was, and she didn't know where she was going. She didn't have any shoes, and her feet really hurt. She had been running for hours, but she couldn't stop. Eventually, she came across a train station. She looked around to make sure no one saw her, and hopped on the train as it rolled out, chugging towards its, and her, destination.
She looked around. With only the clothes on her back, she knew she had to hide. For sure someone would notify the conductor, and she would get thrown off, or worse, sent back to Him. She couldn't imagine what he might do. She just hoped someone might be kind enough to let her sit with them and rest for a little while. Her feet were killing her, and she was pretty sure they were bleeding. She was so sore, she wasn't sure how long she would make it before she collapsed. But she knew she could do it. After all, she had taken what He had done to her for years. It was all she could do to keep from panicking, and she nearly had a flashback, but she leaned herself up against a compartment door, and took three deep breaths, before slowly counting to ten. After she recovered, she looked at the compartment, hesitated, then knocked. The person inside slid the door ever so slightly ajar, and immediately closed it. As she repeated on other patron's compartments, the same seemed to happen over and over again.
   After five or so doors being slammed in her face, she decided to try one last one, and if she were rejected, she would try and hide with the luggage. She took a deep breath and knocked. Her eyes widened as the door slid all the way open, and she was greeted with a smile.