Whats Wrong?

Hiyori POV

I couldn't sleep. I just laid there in my bed, staring at the wall. "Hiyori." I quickly turned around to see Yato leaning against my dresser.

I grabbed one of my pillows and threw it at him. "What the hell are you doing here?!" I whisper yelled. He caught the pillow and revealed a very serious face. I felt a chill go down my spine as he approached me.

I started shivering of fear. He stopped when he noticed the shivering.

"What's up with you?" He asked. I froze, my face visibly going pale even in the dim lighting.

"I-I just... just get out." He crossed his arms and I started shivering more violently. "Are you... afraid of me?"  I gulped and looked away from him, holding my elbows.

"Hiyori." He said in a pushy tone. "Okay, yeah! I'm afraid of you." I said, looking at him once again. He stepped back.

"Y-you scare the s-shit out of me." I admitted. He stared at me in disbelief. "What do you think I'm going to-"

"What if you got a request to kill me? Would you do it?" He froze. Tears were stinging the corners of my eyes. "What?" He asked.

"I know you kill people for money. So would you kill me?" He continued to stare at me. "That's what I thought, get out Yato." I said, tears pushed their way out of my eyes and down my cheeks.

"No! Hiyori! I would never! You're way too precious to me to ever do that! Why would you ever think I would ever hurt you?" Yato said, running up to me and hugging me.

I slowly hugged him back. "B-because, I know how you were before, and if you were that heartless... than why would you care if there was a request to kill me?" He hugged me tighter.

"The same reason I fought so hard to get your memories of me back, you're too important to me to just let go. I'm not like that anymore, I don't know where you heard my stories but.. don't think anything if them. That was hundreds of years ago and I've tried very hard to erase that point in time."

My tears fell onto his track suit, making little dots. I sniffled.

He pulled away and wiped my tears with his sleeve.

"I'm sorry... I shouldn't have listened to Kofuku..." Yato snickered. "You listened to Kofuku?"I giggled and wiped my eyes of the tear remanence.

"Yeah, I know, I'm a dumb child and I believe everything." I shrug and giggled some more. "No, you're not. I can't count how many times you've saved my ass, not to mention Yukine's."

"Thanks." I said. I hadn't realized how close our faces, and bodies, were until his bangs brushed against my forehead.

I leaned in a little and so did Yato, until our noses were touching. "Yato..." I said in a breathy voice. "Yeah?" He answered. "I've been wanting to do this for a while."

I slowly reached my hand up to Yato's cheek and leaned in, he closed his eyes as our lips touch and we both melted into the kiss.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, closing my eyes. Yato put his hands on my waist, pulling me closer.

We broke away, in need of air, and I stared into his eyes.

"Hey Hiyori..." Yukine walked in and Yato jumped away from me. We both blushed and looked away, rubbing the backs of our necks.

"What was... going on in here? And... Yato why are you here?" I stared at Yukine and tried to figure out something to say.

"Pfft, what are you d-doing here Yukine. What do you need?" I said, completely changing the subject.

"I-I was just wondering if you had some headphones I could borrow, mine are broken." I nodded, still blushing furiously, and reached for my headphones on my nightstand.

I handed them to Yukine. "So... what were you two doing in here? I thought I heard some yelling earlier." I looked at Yato with a nervous looked and he returned it.

"We-we just... you know... Yukine, could you go please?" He hesitantly nodded and walked out the door. I turned to Yato who was hiding his blushing face in his scarf.

"Hiyori." I fidgeted. "Yeah?" I replied, sweating a bit. "What did we just do?" I found his eyes and didn't break away. "We... kissed?" I said.

"Well yeah, but, what do we do now? Do I leave? Are we supposed to talk about it? Or are we supposed to never talk about it again? I-" I put my finger on his lips.

"How about... we just go to sleep?" I asked. His look relaxed and he nodded. I crawled back into my bed. Yato just stood there, then laid on the ground. I giggled.

"I meant together. Get in here." I said, lifting up the blankets for him. "Oh..." Yato said, smiling and crawling in.

I curled into his chest as he hugged me. I fell asleep almost instantly.

I woke up the next morning in Yato's arms. I smiled at his scent until a certain familiar voice radiated through my room and ears. I peeked my head behind Yato to see Yukine.

"Ahh, so that's what you guys were doing last night." My face turned red with anger and embarrassment and I wanted to kick his ass, but I was still in Yato's arms and I didn't want to wake him up. Plus it was really comfy.

"You're lucky I'm still in bed." I said, laying back down and curling up once again.

Yukine left, laughing nonstop. I fell back asleep, enjoying Yato's scent. I didn't know what was going to happen when we woke up, but I doubt things were going to ever be the same again.

Another short one, sorry. I wasn't really feeling this one that much. I kind of just wanted to get it over with. K bye. Peace.