Earn Your Wings

James looked over at me. "Are you ready?" He asked. I nodded as if I had nothing to fear. I did. I had a lot to fear.

James knocked on the door and a tall, slender man opened the door. He had black hair, pale skin, red eyes, and big, white, sharp teeth. He was wearing a black button up shirt and black ripped skinny jeans.

He stood there until he eventually saw what we were and he smiled widely. "Hello, Mrs?" He asked. "Smith." I answered. He chuckled. "Ah, Smith. What a wonderful last name." He said.

"Come inside." He walked us inside and welcomed us into his living room. It was mostly all black, grey, and red. The dark colors.

Me and James both sat in his couch as the demon sat in his own chair. "What do you goodietooshoes want?" He asked in a stiff voice. He went from nice to mean real quickly.

I gulped. "I came here to have a small fight with you." I said with my voice cracking of fear. He smirked. "Trying to earn your wings, madam?" He asked. I nodded hesitantly. I saw a small flare in his eyes.

He stood up and walked over to me slowly. He held his hand out. "Come on. There's nothing to fear." He said. I didn't trust him, but I took his hand anyway. He walked me outside into his backyard. I stood on the left side of the yard and he stood on the right. "Go." He said.

"What?" "Go ahead. You get the first move." He said. I took a deep breath and started. I used my magic and I tied him up in chains and locked him in an ice cage.

He melted the cage with fires, but he was still stuck in the chains. He broke free of the chains in an instant. He started walking closer to me. "My turn." He said. My thoughts went wild as he got closer. He kept walking until he stopped. We were only one inch away from each other's faces. I could feel him breathe.

He looked into my eyes and I looked into his. His eyes were as red as fire. It was like a small pit of fire that I took a glimpse into. He lifted his hands and put them on my cheeks. "You have such a lovely face and I would hate to ruin it. So, in gonna make this easy on you, okay?" He said with a smile. He put his hands on my forehead. He made me feel weak and dizzy and...

I fell to the floor.