36~Love enough to let go.

Marie-Anne's POV

I stare at myself in the mirror of my room and look at the scares on my body. The ones on my face are slowly fading away which makes me smile. My memories are coming back which is a good thing, I even remember what happened before I went unconscious on the scene of the accident. I sigh and take a pair of light blue jeans putting them on and a pink tank top. I grab my light blue jean jacket that match my pants, I also put on my pink high top vans.

I glare one last time in the mirror and get my phone to head out, "Hey E, I'm ready please don't keep me waiting!" I yell at Esther once I reach the living room. Someone knocks on the door and I go to open it.

"Hey, I'm detective Stabler and this is my partner detective Benson," an older man says showing me his badge.

"Let me see the badge," I tell them and they give me both of their badges. I look at the badges to see if they were real, "here," I say handing them back to them. "What can I do for you, detectives?"

"Well, Ms. Jean we are the detectives working on your case. We talked to your doctor and he said that you had amnesia, so we didn't question you. He said that you should be getting your memories right about now." The older woman tells me and I nod my head.

"Do you remember anything from the day that might help?" The man asks.

"Do you already have a suspect?" I ask them.

"Yes, someone actually turned themselves in," Detective Benson tells me.

"Then, why do you need my help? You already have a confession, you don't need an eye witness." I tell them.

"Smart girl," detective Stabler says, "but that's not the suspect's style, Ms. Jean we want to make sure we catch the right person who did this. Many suspects often give a confession to cover for someone else," he adds.

"Okay, what do you want?" I ask. Esther comes behind me all dressed up and ready to go, "Hi Stabler, hi Benson," she says greeting them.

"What about a line up?" Benson asks.

"A line up?"

"A line up is when you-" Benson starts.

"I know what a line up is," I snap back. "I didn't see the person's face, I would only be able to identify them by their physique and their color."

"That will be fine, mind coming to the station with us?" Stabler asks.

"Sure, E, I will be back." I tell Esther leaving with the detectives.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Take your time, Marie, remember that they can't see you," Benson tells me as I look at the line of the possible suspects.

"Okay," I close my eyes and try to remember the little details of the day this all happened, "number four." I say looking at the person.

"You sure?" Benson asks.

"Yeah, I'm sure," I tell them.

"Okay," she says exiting the room with me. When I reach outside of the room, I see Dylan and a girl talking to detective Stabler. What is he doing here? "Can I talk to him?" I ask Benson.

"Talk to who?"

"Your suspect," I tell her.

"That's really not a good idea, Marie." She tells me with a sympathy look.

"Don't you guys have a policy that a defendant is allowed to talk to the victim or something?" I ask.

"Yeah, but-"