38~Hating The Argents

Marie-Anne's POV

"Esther, do we have to watch this?" I ask as we sit on our sofa eating ice-cream and watching 'The Night Shift.' I know it's her time to choose the show, but does it have to be a show about doctors working the night shift in an ER? There is way too much blood, but Esther enjoys every second of it. She fills me in on the side why the doctors had to that, she feels so proud.

"Yes, I didn't say anything when you choose for us to watch 'Law and Order: Special  Victims Unit,'" She says, I guess she does have a point. I like law stuff and she likes medical stuff, no biggie. I take a spoonful of my cookies n cream ice-cream and enjoy the flavor as it melts on my tongue.

My phone starts ringing and I put it on silence once I see the caller ID. Esther looks at me and frown, "you're still not talking to him?" She asks.

"I just need some space, that's all," I tell her and she goes back to watching her show.

"You know, you do need space. I mean with the accident and everything that's happening, it's perfectly fine." She says. Okay, why is she agreeing with me? "I would just love you more if you'd tell him you want some space, maybe he'd stop calling you at all hours." She adds and I roll my eyes at her. "Don't you think he deserves to know the truth?"

"Esther, I-I," I try to come up with an excuse but she is right, he does deserve the truth.

"It's been two weeks since you talked to the guy, you can't avoid him forever. Do you hate him or something?"

"No I don't, I just don't want to see his face, hear his voice, or even hear his name," I tell her hitting my spoon on the bowl that had my ice cream.

"You just described all the symptoms of hating someone."

"I hate the Argents, not him okay?" I tell her, even though I knew deep in my heart that I kind of hated him. I can't even say his name, thinking about him makes me want to cry. I just miss him so much, but I hate him at the same time. I hate that he is part of that family, I hate that he has his mother's blood in him, I hate that I miss him so much, I hate him,  and I hate him.

"But, he is an Argent Marie whether you like it or not." Could she not say that I don't need her to remind me of it. "Okay, have you told him that we are leaving?" She asks.

I gulp and stare at her without responding, I think she already knows the answer to that, "no" I say just to clarify it for her.

"You have to tell him, Marie," I nod my head in agreement. I get my phone out and decide to call him.

After the first ring he answers, it's like he was sitting by the phone waiting for my call."Marie-Anne, I thought you were going to ignore me forever. Are you okay? How's it been?" He asks all at once over the phone. I missed hearing his voice.

"Can we meet?" I ask him.

"Um...sure, where do you want to meet?"

"We can meet west of Devil's Millhopper at six tomorrow afternoon," I tell him hanging up the phone not giving him a chance to answer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dylan's POV

I sit on the bench of the park waiting for Marie-Anne. Why would she want to meet at the same part of the park where my mother paid the man that hurt her? She probably is trying to show a point, maybe she knows what my mother did. I wanted to tell her, but she hasn't given me a chance, I'm sure she knows by now; the police probably told her already.

I should have been the one who told her about this, how my family wants her dead.

Marie-Anne is late, I look at the time on my phone and see that it is only two minutes until six. She probably just wanted to make a point that she knew. Just when the time turns six, I see her walking up to me with Esther smiling. It's great to her smile again, both of them are in volleyball shorts with sports t-shirts. They have their water bottles with them, looking like they are about to run or something.

They approach me and I stand up, "Hi," I say my hands inside my jacket pockets.

"Hey, don't worry about Esther, she just wants to get her afternoon jog although I don't know when she started jogging," she says answering my question why she was here. She always knew what I was thinking.

"I don't," Esther replies, "I just want to make sure you are fine."

"Why wouldn't I be?" Marie-Anne asks staring down at Esther.

"Marie, a lot can happen in a park," Marie-Anne rolls her eyes at her, but doesn't say anything. "Especially when you are meeting an Argent," she adds. I gulp down and scratch the back of my head. Okay, now I know for sure that she knows about my mom. Esther doesn't wait for her to reply and starts jogging.

"Want to walk?" Marie-Anne asks already starting to walk.

"Yeah sure," I reply and we start walking. We were silent, there are so many things I wanted to tell her and I can tell she feels the same way. I don't know how to start, do I tell her that I am sorry or do I just ignore the fact that my mother tried to kill her.

"Marie-Anne."

"Dylan."

We both say each others name at the same time causing me to chuckle, "you go first," I tell her.

"No, you go."

"No, Les Femmes d'abord," I tell her and she laughs.

"Okay, I don't really know what to say, but I just hated the uncomfortable silence."

"Well, you can start by telling me why you ignored me for two weeks," I tell her in a joking manner so she doesn't take it too hard.

"I just needed some space." She says.

"You should have just told me," I tell her. "Marie-Anne, I'm sorry about everything. I'm sorry about my family, about my mother," she moves her head to the other direction so she doesn't have to look at me. "I know things can never be the same between us, all I'm asking is that over time will you forgive me?" I tell her, but she doesn't say anything. "I miss you," I tell her and she turns staring at me too.

"I miss you too," she says to my surprise. I pull her close to me and give her a hug. At first, she doesn't do anything, then she relaxes under my arms and hugs me back, "Dylan, I'm leaving." She says.

"What do you mean? You're leaving for the summer or something?" I ask her not pulling away. I don't feel like letting her go yet.

"No, for good. I'm just finishing my spring semester, I'm leaving as soon as finals end." She says pulling away.

"What? Why? Do you have to go home?" I ask her still not understanding what she is trying to tell me.

"No," she says, "I'm transferring to FSU."

"FSU?" I ask passing my hand through my messy hair.

"Yeah, Florida State University."

"I know what FSU is," I snap at her, "that's in another county. Why are you transferring, don't you like UF?"

"I do, but-" she stops walking so she can look at me.

"Are you transferring because of what happened?"

"No, I just need some change in my life."

"But, your whole life is here, what about Esther?" I know, she wouldn't want to leave Esther behind.

"No Dylan, my whole life is back at home, but do you see going there? Esther is leaving too, FSU has a great medical program which she loves. They even have a better law program than UF," she says and I nod my head knowing she is right.

"Okay, I'll come with you," I tell her.

"No, I don't want you too," she says starting to walk again.

"Why?" I ask already knowing what the reason might be.

"Dylan, I hate Argents and you are one of them," she says.

AN

Les Femmes D'abord=LADIES FIRST

Wow, I understand Marie-Anne, it's hard not to hate after something like this has happened to you.

VOTE and COMMENT

Au Revoir...