The Train

Authors Note - This is a very important chapter, and as such I took my time writing this, so that's the reason for this delay.Hope you enjoy

Harry saw the recognition in his eyes and the face of awe, before it was replaced by the mean and unnerving face he had been taught to use. "Well if isn't Mr. Potter, my name is Draco-"

"Malfoy, yes, I have heard a great deal about you. Would you join me in my carriage?" Harry asked in the most pleasant way he could, despite knowing the differences they had had over the years.

Malfoy, completely bewildered by this approach and how it varied so much from his fathers talk on the boy who lived, looked up the train towards promised friends. He was all together uncertain as to the right course of action. Should he obey his father and go meet Crabbe  and Goyle, or should he befriend this boy of wonder.

Harry quickly opened the carriage door that Hermione had entered and gestured for him to enter. Feeling without choice Malfoy walked through and sat opposite Hermione.

"Hello, my name is Hermione Granger. It's nice to meet you, uhh? She proclaimed with an everlasting confidence.

"Hermione, meet my new friend, Draco Malfoy" Harry replied to her implied question. "So now with those silly introductions, why don't we get to know each other. Myself and Hermione have been doing this for the last month. So how about it Draco, who are you?" Harry asked distinctively using his first name to isolate him from the Malfoy family.

"Well uhm-, I..." he started, clearly overwhelmed but what was happening. "I'm a proud member of the Malfoy family and I hold the principle of the great house of-"

"Let me stop you right there, i know you don't really believe all of the crap your fathers been filling you. You think you should embrace those aspects and through your conscience to the dogs, ignore the good thoughts that flood your brain. Draco, you were born in the wrong family, and as such your faith was almost sealed onto a dreadful path. I am here to tell you those thoughts wont just go away, you need to embrace them."

He looked at Harry completely thrown away by the words flowing out of his mouth, he glanced at Hermione, and she seemed too a little thrown by him as well, nut she seemed to accept it in some way.

Before he could reply, Harry continued, "So, I've got a story to tell you, its a long one, but I think its worth the commitment. Our story begins with a man named Bill. Bill was a nice, kind man, who worked as a volunteer in the muggle world, not because he was a muggle himself, but because he wanted to protect them from the evil tyranny of the Dark wizards.

"One day Bill met a woman, a very beautiful and eccentric woman at his work and she caught his attention. Some time goes by and Bill begins to see her all over the place, and again time goes by until eventually they got married, Bill and Marie. This is very out place for Bill, for he comes from a very pure background. You see Bill was a Slytherin, and here he was in love with a so called lower being, a muggle. "

"And here I would like to tell you about how the lived happily ever after, with twenty great kids, but that was not to be. You see it was about the same time as a one Lucius Malfoy's inauguration into Lord Voldemort's Death eater army. And being a class mate of our Bill, Malfoy was given an special first assignment..."

"Malfoy came to Bill's house and he killed Marie and tortured Bill for hours. But he did not stop there. To show his commitment to the Dark Lord, Malfoy then killed everyone who worked at Bill's volunteer shop, and then killed his family, and only after Bill saw all of this, did he kill Bill."

"Is this who you are Draco, say the word and walk away. Go and betray your heart. Or stay and listen to me. I know you Draco, don't make the wrong choice." Harry finished, looking into his eyes.