That's so rude.

Skylar's POV

I couldn't face going back to see Maddy with swollen lips and even scruffier hair than I had this morning. It would be question after question.

So here I am, walking in the pouring rain with a Starbucks in my hand, occasionally sipping on the warm drink. This was some scary rain. It was hammering it down. Everyone was either protected from the rain in their cars or under umbrellas where as I was drenched from head to toe.

As I was walking, I could feel the presence of a car beside me. I turned my head to see Joe looking at me through the window. He gave me a slight smile before driving off again. I furrowed my eyebrows and let out a groan. What is he playing at? He could have at least stopped.

I then looked ahead of me to see that he had parked up further down the road

Before I knew it, the passenger side door flew open. What a sweetheart.

A small smile crept upon my face and I ran to the car

A small smile crept upon my face and I ran to the car. I wasn't expecting to see him, let alone for him to stop for me.

I quickly hopped in the passenger seat, pulling the door shut before letting out a breath, feeling the warm air hit my cold cheeks

"Thank you." I said, turning to look at him.
"You look like a drowned rat." He smirked, poking my cheek. I swatted his hand away with a small laugh before he began the drive back to mine.

The whole drive back was silent apart from myself who was having an argument with myself in my head. Confusing right?

I couldn't stop thinking about what happened in Jason's office earlier. I never want to go back there again

"What's on your mind? You seem very silent." Joe said, shifting the gear stick into neutral as we pulled up outside of Rens place which I'm currently calling my home.
"A lot actually." I sighed, leaning my head back into the seat.
"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked.
"Not today." I whispered, giving him a small smile.
"Are you sure?" He asked and I nodded.
"I'll be fine." I smiled, gathering my bits together and opening up the door.
"If you need me, call me." Joe said as I pulled myself up out of the car.
"I'm only one call away." He began to sing and I rolled my eyes playfully, shutting the door to block out his singing which then resulted in him winding down the window.
"I'll be there to save the day." He continued.
"Shut up Joe, you're not superman." I giggled, beginning to walk up the driveway.
"I could be." He shouted after me.
"Keep wishing." I smirked, reaching in my bag and pulling out the house keys. Ren still wasn't here.
"No but seriously, call me if you need anything, even if it is pathetic like getting you some chocolate." He laughed as I unlocked the door, opening it.
"You'd do that?" I asked.
"Of course." He grinned.
"Well thank you." I nodded my head.
"I'll be sure to call you around one o'clock tonight asking for chocolate." I smirked.
"Oh shush you. Go inside and warm up." He laughed.  I gave him a little smile before walking in, the smile not leaving my face.

--------------------------Waiting up until 1 in the morning just to ask Joe if he could get me some chocolate was stupid but here I am, with the phone to my ear, waiting for this one boy to answer

Waiting up until 1 in the morning just to ask Joe if he could get me some chocolate was stupid but here I am, with the phone to my ear, waiting for this one boy to answer.

After a couple of rings a husky voice filled my ears.
"Get me my chocolate bitch." I smirked, even though he couldn't see me.
"Get it yourself." He laughed.
"That's so rude." I gasped playfully.
"Yeah and so is you ringing me at one o'clock in the morning. I was having a nice dream." He said.
"Well stop dreaming and come over." I said.
"Do you want the chocolate or do you just want to see me?" He asked. I knew he was smirking on the other side of this phone.
"The chocolate." I grinned.
"You best not fall asleep. I'll be round in a bit." He laughed, yawning.
"Oh and one more thing." I said.
"Go on." He said and I pulled the phone away from my ear, pressing the big red hang up button. I told you I'd get him back.

-----------------------
"You don't understand how hard it was to find a 24 hour shop." Joe sighed, falling down to the sofa.
"Asda is down the road." I said.
"Is it 24 hour?" He asked.
"Yes you dipshit." I giggled, opening up the bag full of snacky bits.

I sat down beside him on the sofa and pulled out some chocolate, sweets, crisps and a movie.
"What's the movie for?" I asked, scanning it.
"I thought we could watch a movie." He shrugged. I nodded and grinned.
"Thank you." I smiled, throwing my arms around him and giving him a tight hug. Not most people would do this for me. I'm just somehow lucky enough to have a friend like Joe.
"Oit! I have a bone to pick with you." He said, poking my side making me pull away from the hug with a frown.
"What have I done?" I asked.
"That 'one more thing' thing is my thing." He laughed. I'm guessing he's talking about when I used his line to hang up on him earlier.
"Yeah well I don't care about 'your thing'." I smirked, grabbing some chocolate out of the bag and ripping it open.
"Just know that whenever you do it to me, I'll always get you back." I grinned, shoving two squares of the cadburys chocolate in my mouth.
"Well then I guess it'll just be our thing." He winked, stealing the chocolate away from me.

Bumhole.