Prologue 00: Awakening

The legend of the "Shepherds". In a bygone age of myths, when darkness threatened to enshroud the world, it was they who reclaimed the light from nothingness. Over and over, as the world plunged into chaos, the legend would come to people's lips, as they would pray for salvation. And lo, each time a Shepherd would appear to vanquish the darkness once more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Innominat, Incarnation of the Sky~

Velvet's POV

I... after I sealed my brother, Laphicet Crowe reborn as Innominat the Empyrean of Suppression, we both went to a deep slumber. My thoughts, will and my emotions are still alive to me. And I lost track of time devouring him, and him for devouring me in return. Finally.... we can be together.. but.... I wondered if how my companions... no.. my.. friends continued to live their lives to the fullest? It's kinda sad I won't see them again, I admit it. I would miss Magilou's idiotic humors, Rokurou being so dense, Eizen's seriousness, Eleanor's concern to everyone of us back in the Van Eltia, and... Phi.. Phi's last words.... I am so grateful that I got the chance to be with them. I... I just hope they're all okay. And I believe in them that they could change the world to a better place. And... I have accepted my fate to seal my brother away forever. And this is the way to atone for my sins, the chaos and calamity I brought to the land. I, Velvet Crowe, The Lord of Calamity shall continue to devour my brother and to sleep, even it takes a millennia or it will take forever....

3rd Person POV

~Valleys of the Stolat Mountains~

The breeze blows in the valleys as a shadowy figure was seen at the cope, standing near to the large hole at the destroyed shrine which was said to be the "gates of hell". This place was previously known as the Tranquil Woods where Celica and his unborn son died from the hellions, and where Laphicet Crowe was sacrificed by Artorius Collbrande, the first Shepherd.

"So... he's not here." The man in a dark cloak seemed disappointed, he raised his hands and moved it in a triangular way, like part of an incantation. A seal appeared vertically in thin air, similar to Innominat's crest. "Azhov neun tekzyu!" He screamed loudly and two large heads of a serpent came out of the seal and went to the large hole below. Then few moments later, the two serpent heads flew up to the sky creating a large yellow beam. It flew above to the atmosphere and hit the Innominat sky ruin and caused a disturbance on Velvet's slumber.

~Innominat, Incarnation of the Sky~

"Ugh... what happened?" Velvet slowly opened her eyes trying to see what happened around her. "A quake? But how?" Her eyes widened as she saw the place around her is crumbling and falling apart. She held her brother tightly and saw a yellow beam passed above them and went to hit them. Velvet got separated with Innominat and she fell down. She coughed through the smoke and saw her brother was in the hands of a man in a dark cloak.

"Laphicet!!!" She screamed and tried to reach for her brother but she couldn't move.

"Ahh... Finally.. I found you at last my dear Innominat. I didn't expect that your appearance has changed and you would extend your body this much above that cursed world." The man in the cloak chuckled softly.

"G-give him back!!" Velvet struggled as strong as she could. The man in the cloak gave her a questioning look and was shocked to see Velvet's left arm.

"My my!! A therion! What would be a daemon like you doing above here?" He laughed in a sarcastic way.

"I was sealing him! Give him back!" The Lord of Calamity struggled with all the strength she had but still she couldn't move.