Chapter 02: From Empyrean to Seraph

~Stolat Mountains~

"Finally.. we managed to escape." Jayden panted heavily and stared at the child he carried. Lailah sighed in relief. They both sat on a nearby boulder, trying to catch their breath.

"Is the child okay?" Lailah looked at the mysterious child. He was unconscious, and being carried on Jayden's arms. The Shepherd laid him down carefully and checked his pulse.

"He's alive." Jayden felt relieved. He saw some cuts and bruises on the young boy's face. Without hesitation, Lailah healed him with an arte. The wounds closed and vanished in an instant. The kid gained consciousness and slowly opened his eyes. He was startled to see Jayden and Lailah. The boy summoned papers and tried to attack the two.

"W-who are you?!" He shrieked. The Shepherd and the Prime Lord looked at each other with a worried face. They tried to hold the kid but they were attacked with an arte.

"N-not one step closer!" The kid stepped back unaware that there was a small rock behind him. He stepped on it and tripped down, making Jayden and Lailah laugh softly.

"Calm down kid. We're not here to hurt you. We saved you from those bad guys earlier." The Shepherd smiled and patted the kid's head, making him calmed and relaxed.

"So little one, what's your name?" Lailah asked warmly as she drew her face close to the kid and smiled. The kid looked at the Prime Lord and suddenly, he saw a white flash showing another face with a red hair tied similar to Lailah's appearance.

"Are you okay?" Lailah asked, snapping the kid's hallucination.

"Y-yes.. I'm Laphicet." He looked down.

"Oh.. what a cute name you have!" Lailah pinched his cheeks and ruffled Laphicet's hair. The Shepherd instantly sat and groaned in pain.

"J-jayden!!! You have a huge wound!" Lailah quickly used a healing arte to Jayden but it seems the wound isn't closing in. Laphicet came close and used a healing arte as well. The arte was shining brightly as Laphicet placed his hands on Jayden's chest. The wound closed instantly. Lailah felt the immense power that was emitted by the healing arte of the child.

"This child... his power... is immense." Lailah thought to herself. Jayden suddenly stood up and stretched his arms.

"Thanks! I feel better now!" Jayden smiled at Laphicet making him blush super red.

"I..it's nothing really. I'm glad your feeling better. Thanks for saving me back then." Laphicet looked away blushing making Lailah and the Shepherd chuckled. Silence filled in the air few moments after. 

"So, what happened?"

"It's... I can't remember... " Laphicet's mind went blank suddenly. His face were drawn like a real nightmare as if he was being haunted by his greatest fear. He screamed loudly. Blurred visions appeared in his eyes, it was a man standing in front him along with a child with a long hair. The vision stopped and he trembled.

"W-woah! A-are you okay?!" Lailah hugged Laphicet tight then rubbed his head and patted slowly. The child started to calm down and let out a big sigh. Jayden placed his hands at Laphicet to give his blessing, light appeared in the Shepherd's hands then Laphicet came back to his senses, making the Prime Lord and the Shepherd relieved.

"Finally.. You scared the hell out of us kid." Jayden sweat dropped, he ruffled Laphicet's hair softly. Laphicet blushed slightly.

"S-sorry.." Laphicet gave them an awkward smile. He stood up and gazed over the sky.

"They must be stopped. If they control over the Empyrean's throne, our world will surely be vanquished!" He exclaimed. Jayden and Lailah went near to him. Their faces were in question, needing some answers about the incident back then.

"Wait! Who are they?! What were you doing in the Empyrean's Throne?! Where's Maotelus?!" Jayden gripped Laphicet's shoulder, Lailah stopped him from scaring the child. She sat on her legs and asked him nicely.

"Can you tell us what you know about the man Laphicet?" She smiled sweetly. Laphicet nodded and turned away, looking at the horizon then exhaled heavily.

"As you can see.. I am Maotelus. This is my seraph form. It seems like I can't go back to my Empyrean form. Alot of my power was taken from me by that cloaked man... And that child. It was Innominat. He's being manipulated somehow." Laphicet then faced to Jayden and Lailah. They were surprised. He chuckled then used an arte. Five magic circles appeared after he raised his arm and a ray of light pierced through the sky.

"M-maotelus!? H-how did you?!" Lailah covered her mouth in shock.

"It's been a while Lailah." Laphicet smiled at the Prime Lord. The magic circles disappeared and then a shockwave above the sky scattered all over the world.

"What?! The blessed domain was restored?" Jayden looked up in the sky and then to Laphicet, he watched him closely, giving him a warm smile.

"Yes. Although it was not strong like before. It was just to prevent the malevolence spreading through the land." Laphicet shrugged.

"I see. I never expected that your seraph form would be a child Maotel-- OW!!!" Jayden was kicked by Laphicet before finishing his sentence. 

"What was that for?!" The Shepherd whined loudly while Laphicet's pouting, probably mad.

"Don't ever call me Maotelus in this form.. and DON'T ever call me a child! I maybe AM small but I'm a thousand years old already! Isn't that right Lailah?" The Empyrean whose form is a child right now glared at Lailah while smacking Jayden's leg hard. Lailah laughed as if she saw the two as siblings. 

"R-right! It's fun to see you arguing each other.. It makes me think like your siblings." She folded her hands and smiled at them while the two are in a wrestle with each other. 

"No we're NOT!" They scowled and continued to fight each other. Lailah, on the other hand felt awkward in the situation as her sweat fell down on her cheek.

"Alright boys! Enough fighting alread---" Lailah stopped in the middle of her sentence. She gasped, tears fell down on her cheeks when she saw a man flying above the sky. The two stopped fighting and were confused to see the Prime Lord cry. Without hesitation, Lailah ran and waved her hands to the flying man.

"Sorey!!" She screamed loudly with tears of joy. 

"I see." Laphicet smiled. 

"Welcome home.. Shepherd." A strong wind blew around them. Leaves flew around with it as they saw the Shepherd who saved the world from the Lord of Calamity landed on the ground.

(A/N: Whew here it is minna! Sorry for the long wait. I was really busy at school and was not able to update for a long time. But anyway, enjoy the new chapter ^^ Love ya all!)