Tested

Emma's POV

"Mr. Pan, please. It's important," I practically pleaded.

"No excuses, Emma. I thought you knew better," Mr. Pan responded. "Give me it."

"But Mr. Pan–" I started.

"No excuses!" He shouted.

I sighed as I handed him my phone. This could've been the key to finding Killian, but I just lost my chance of finding my treasure. On the positive side, I do know one thing—Killian is alive. However on the negative side, he could be in serious danger. I have to find him, or else.

"Aw," Graham said. "Emma can't find her little Killy bear." Him and Will laughed.

My eyes widened. "What did you just say?" Could they know something about Killian?

"Uh, nothing," they chorused.

"No, you guys know something!" I replied. "Spill it!"

"Or what?" Will questioned.

"I'll tell all the girls in the grade that you're the ones who made Killian play that trick on them."

"Ha!" Graham laughed. "I doubt they'll believe you."

"After I show them your post on your stupid shared Instagram account, I'm sure they'll believe me."

They gasped. "You wouldn't dare!" Will responded.

"Oh yes I would," I rolled my eyes. "Now spill!"

"Fine," Will gave in. "We may be partially responsible for Killian's disappearance."

"You what?" I shouted.

"Only a little!" Graham defended.

"Do you have any idea how angry that makes me?" I shouted. "And why exactly did you kidnap him?"

"These two women offered us a deal," Will answered. "They said that if we kidnapped Killian, we would have the opportunity to take you, one of the woman could take Killian for herself, and the other woman said something about making you move out of her house."

I knew exactly who these two women were. Did Eva and Mrs. Jones really think they could get away with something as terrible as kidnapping using these two idiots? They surely were wrong. It hasn't even been a day since Killian's been missing, only a few hours actually, though it did, however, feel like an eternity.

"So you're saying you guys are so foolish and desperate for me that you actually committed a crime?"

"We couldn't resist!"

"Of course you couldn't! You're Graham and Will!" I rolled my eyes. "Where is he?"

They sighed. "We're keeping him at the house of the woman who's in love with him. Why exactly do you live with her?" Will asked.

"First of all, I no longer live with her. And second, it's a long story but why should you care?" I asked, but all they did was shrug. "You guys are helping me get him back right now!"

"We agreed to tell you about Killian's disappearance, not go along with you to save him," Graham said.

"And have you forgotten we still have school?" Will asked.

"You're the last person I'd expect to care about school," I said. "And I'm going, with or without you. After all, we have lunch next. I'll hopefully get him quick enough to return and attend the rest of my classes without any suspicions."