Six Weeks

60

.Layla.

Frustrated tears began brimming as I walked briskly outside. I had not expected that to go well, but I hadn't expected it to go quite that badly, either. My dad was such an asshole to Carl. I was angry and embarrassed and hurt.

Carl gave the number to the valet so he could get the car back, and he came over to pull me into a hug. I cried into his chest as he held me, rubbing my back and stroking my hair. We stood wordlessly for a few moments, until the valet pulled the car around. Carl opened the passenger door and I got in. He tipped the valet and walked around to get in the driver's seat before we pulled away.

"I'm really sorry I lost my cool in there," he said after a moment. "I really did not intend to do th-"

"You were amazing," I cut in. I sniffed and wiped a tear as I turned to smile at him.

He shook his head. "I was just trying to stick up for you. I wasn't trying to cause a problem."

I scoffed. "My asshole father caused the problem. I'm so sorry for what he said to you."

Carl shrugged. "I never expected him to think I was good enough for you." He glanced over at me. "Because I'm not."

I rolled my eyes. "Are you kidding me? That's bullshit and you know it. Come on, he's in your head now."

He sighed as he stared out the windshield.

"What you did for me back there was incredible," I told him. "I was so proud of you for defending us and telling my dad off." I paused, taking his hand and kissing it. "You always fight for me, Carl. No one else does that. Not even my parents."

He remained silent.

"I'm super, super hurt right now," I began. "But I'm also kind of turned on by how you handled that back there. Like, really turned on, actually."

Carl laughed. Finally, something.

"Pull the car over," I demanded.

He side-eyed me. "Wha- here? In Fuller Park? Are you nuts? Just wait like two- what are you doing?"

I had unbuckled my seatbelt and begun leaning toward him. I reached in his lap to unzip his pants.

"If you are trying to do what I think you ahhh-"

I freed him and took him in my mouth.

He gasped and I felt him swerve a little. "Layla this is sssso unsafe!" he hissed.

I continued and he moaned. I felt the car stop and he pulled me up out of his lap.

"Baby, what's gotten into you?" he asked, his eyes wide.

"You," I grinned.

He ran his hand through his hair. "I assure you I enjoy being in your mouth, but under these circumstances it will literally kill us."

I looked at him and bit my lip. Somewhere in my brain, I knew that, but right now it was clouded with lust. I wanted him, and I wanted him now.

He sighed heavily. "We will be in the Yards in like two minutes, okay? I'll drive fast."

I nodded.

He pulled down a deserted street near the stockyards. He parked and turned to look at me. "Get in the backseat."

I hurriedly unbuckled my seatbelt before getting out of the front and into the back.

He got out and opened the other back door. "Lie down," he instructed.

I did as he said, and he climbed in on top of me in the cramped space. We began to kiss feverishly as our hands moved all over, both of us desperate for the other.