Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Hades pushed Corrine away. She stumbled to the ground. "Erase their memories and call for Zeus to evaluate them."

Corrine's handler started dragging her out of the room. She tried to pull herself up, but it was significantly harder with her hands bound behind her back. She eventually gave up. She was dragged through the hallways and for the first time something different happened. Someone appeared.

Her handler stopped. Corrine stood up as her handler knelt down before a tall silver-haired, bearded man. Despite his hair color he still looked youthful. He had piercing blue eyes that quickly scanned her body.

"Who's this young maiden?" asked the silver-haired man.

"She has been selected by Hades."

"Such a pity."

"Why is it a pity?" asked Corrine.

"Well, now that he's selected you I don't have a chance to."

"I presume you're Zeus."

"Smart girl."

"So I've been told. Either way there are 19 other crying girls left. If you have any ounce of kindness you'd let them go home to their families."

Zeus smiled and continued down the hall. He turned back and yelled, "Hades is a lucky man. You are a firecracker."

Corrine silently followed her handler and they eventually made their way through a large doorway. She entered a foyer with several doors on either side and a large set of double doors ahead. There was nice furniture along the walls. She walked through the double doors.

She entered a living room and was then brought to a master bedroom. The place had a luxury apartment feel to it. Part of Corrine wanted to fall to the floor crying and another part of her just felt dead inside. Hades wanted to marry her? Why. She wasn't bad looking, but most of the girls in that room looked like models. She was too short, too curvy. Men didn't want girls with big boobs anymore. That's what her mother told her at least.

Despite her mother's viciousness, Corrine still was affected by her criticisms. Every time Corrine needed a new bra to accommodate her large breasts or every time a pair of pants couldn't accommodate her hips with her smaller waist. When she lived with her mother she was always on a "diet."

Her body was jerked to the ground. Her handler attached a chain to her wrist restraints and tightened it until there was no give. Corrine knelt in this extremely uncomfortable position for far longer than she should have. She was tired of waiting. She hated having her hands bound behind her back. She maneuvered her legs through the gap in her arms and managed to her her hands in front of her body. She laid down on the floor and continued to wait. Slowly, Corrine drifted off to sleep.

Corrine awoke to a hand around her neck. She was jerked up by Hades and she let out a small whimper.

"Did I give you permission to sleep?" asked Hades.

"Well, you took so longer to get here I thought I'd make myself comfortable."

Hades had a devious smile on his face. "My apologies. I was planning our wedding."

"I am not marrying you." Hades smile vanished.

He tossed her too the floor. "That's where you're wrong." Hades kicked her in the side. Once, twice, three times. She tried to claw at him to make him stop. Her rib was almost certainly broken. Corrine was coughing and gasping for a breath.

Hades knelt beside her and gripped her wrist so hard she was afraid he would snap it. The restraints on her wrist kept her mostly pinned. She was in pain.

"I am a divine being. I can claim one human bride every 666 years. I've chosen you. I delayed my choice by 300 years until I could find a girl like you. Count your blessings."

"How is forced marriage a blessing," gasped Corrine. Hades gripped her wrist harder, jerking it against the restraints. She struggled against him landing a solid kick to his knee. But he was unaffected.

"The realm of Gods is heavily populated. Gods like Zeus claim nearly unlimited women. Surprisingly that increases your chance of being killed by another one of his lovers. Meanwhile, Loki has killed nearly every human bride he's claimed."

"Wait! Loki is Norse mythology. You're a Greek god."

"Gods are formed by our prevalence in society. Our power is dictated by our popularity. Though I find that many of the lesser known Gods are far more entertaining. The Druid Goddess Brigid splits herself into three people at once. She's a riot, but she holds virtually no power as she's nearly unknown. When people worship a generic 'God,' ie. one with no name they merely worship whichever deity hold the most power. God is a title, not a name."

"I don't care, Hades. I would rather die than marry you. I won't be that girl again. I won't be subservient to anyone ever again."

Hades pushed her arms back and pinned her to the floor. His cool breath tickled her neck. His free hand groped her rather large chest. He let out a moan as he forced a needy kiss on her lips.

Corrine let him have his way if only for a moment. And for just a moment she didn't cringe at his touch. But as he pressed into her and she felt a sharp twinge in her left side, where a broken rib likely resided, Corrine kneed him in the groin.

Hades pulled back slightly and pushed her wrist so far back against the restraints that she heard an audible crack. Hades smirked as climbed off her.

He smoothed his clothing. "Once we're married you will receive God-Like powers. You will assist me in certain Underworld matters. You'll bare my children. You'll have a long life and never want for anything."

"I don't want that life! What is life if I'm not free to choose?" gasped Corrine.

"In time you'll come to love me. I'm sorry it has to be this way Corrine."

"I hate you," she spat. "I hate you! I don't know how, but I'll escape. I refuse to be a victim, again."

Hades frowned at her. He quietly said, "I know." Hades knelt down and kissed her forehead. "I'm sorry."

Hades left the room. Corrine laid on the floor. After several minutes she attempted to sit up, but she fell back to the floor.

The door opened. She turned her head and saw two small girls in white. They had blonde hair, tan skin, and red eyes. They got closer and Corrine realized they weren't children, they were extremely petite women.

"Who are you?" asked Corrine.

The two women didn't answer her. They unchained her and lifted her into a standing position. "Please, help me. I'm here against my will." They ignored her. Why did everyone here ignore her. Did she have the plague or something?

The girls helped her through a doorway to a large bathroom. One girl drew a bath while the other undressed her. Her shorts and panties fell to the ground and the girl climbed onto a chair. Corrine let out a scream as the fabric of her shirt was ripped from her body.

"Hey! Stop it!" The shirt pulled at Corrine's now broken bones, but those weren't of concern to her.

The two girls stared at her nude torso as her bra fell off.. Her upper arms and back were covered in various burn scars ranging from small cigarette burns to large swatches of skin grafts. Under each of her breasts, a large, jagged purple scar adorned her skin. Corrine wiped a few tears off her face with her. "Please don't stare. It's rude."