Chapter 5

Author's Note: Hey my lovelies. This is my latest story, Hades Captive Bride. I am looking for someone to design a better cover than the strange one I made. Please message me if you're interested. For now enjoy.

Chapter 5

Hades dropped the chalice and reached out to grab Corrine as she collapsed into his arms. "Madeline get help!" yelled Hades. "Zeus! Was this your doing?"

Zeus smirked. "Indeed. She disrespected me. But it's no matter Hades. She'll be fine. I'm sure she'll learn her place after she recovers."

"What did you do to her!" shouted Hades. Several of the guests began fleeing for the doors, not willing to get involved in this rivalry.

"Nothing that will cause permanent harm. She's immortal now, after all. Well, as much as we are. But your blushing bride will never disrespect me again. Or I will end her."

Hades clenched Corrine's unconscious body to his chest. "If you touch her again, Zeus, I will end you." Hades lifted Corrine up and ran through the halls, Ridley following closely behind.

They made it to Hades chamber. He laid her across the bed. "Ridley, please let Madeline know where I've taken Corrine."

"Yes, Hades," said Ridley. Ridley pressed her finger to her head. "It's done. I'm sorry, Hades. I should have made sure Zeus wasn't planning anything."

"Ridley, you wouldn't have known. Your psychic link, even with you and Madeline working together, could not have broken through the wall that is Zeus's mind."

"Would you like me to read her mind to ensure that all her brain functions are normal?" asked Ridley.

"Please."

Ridley touched her finger to her head again. And this time to Corrine's head. Ridley could read minds. She could read virtually any mind in a room if she desired. The skill could be amplified by direct contact. She and Madeline need only look at each other to communicate and had massive power together. Ridley looked concerned.

"She's afraid. Very afraid. But otherwise brain function is normal. I'm unsure what Zeus did to her." Ridley removed her hand from Corrine's head. "She's had a hard life, just like you. Just don't forget what you suffered through."

"Never." Hades kissed Corrine's forehead. "Where's Madeline?"

"She's here. She just got to the living room." Madeline and a tall, barefoot, auburn haired woman with regal features and a white dress burst through the door.

"Where's Paean? Not that I don't appreciate your help, Goddess Brigid."

"Zeus forbad him from coming. He also forbad Apollo, Asclepius, and every other Greek God or Goddess from helping," said Madeline. "But Brigid was walking around hoping to congratulate you on your joining."

"I was unfortunately unable to attend since I was on duty in the Hospital. I must open the window, but I'm certain I can help her," said Brigid, splitting her body into three women, one in red, one in blue, and one in green. The one in red went to the window and opened it sticking her flame colored hair outside it.

Ridley walked to the bathroom and came back with water, handing it to the Blue Brigid. "Thank you," said Blue Brigid.

The Green Brigid stood extremely still and silent. The ground rapidly covered with Shamrocks and various Flowers. Blue Brigid quickly collected them and mixed them with the water.

Hades asked, "What's wrong with her?"

Green Brigid said, "Zeus trapped her in her worst nightmares. She would come out if on her own, but she shouldn't have to be trapped in there for too long. It could fracture her Psyche."

"What are the consequences?" asked Hades.

"If her Psyche is damaged she will be nothing more than a functioning body with a broken mind. She'll lose any ability to love or trust."

"Zeus will pay for hurting my precious Corrine!" screamed Hades, fire bursting from his finger tips.

Ridley and Madeline pulled on his arms. "She'll be okay, brother," said Madeline. "She's resilient."

"I will monitor her mind while Brigid works on awakening her," said Ridley.

Blue Brigid said, "She will be fine. My remedy is nearly ready. It needs to steep for a few more moments."

"Are you making tea?" asked Hades.

"In a sense. It's a calming tea to help her escape the nightmares. Awakening her with our sun powers will be easier if we can stop the nightmare."

"Hades," said Ridley.

"What?" snapped Hades.

"She's...she's not afraid any more. She's fighting back against the nightmares."

"Shouldn't that be impossible," asked Hades.

"It should be for a mortal." Blue Brigid smiled, "But if she is, then let's give her all the assistance we can. She must be powerful to fight back against that. Zeus underestimated her."

Green Brigid sat Corrine up and Blue Brigid poured the tea down her throat. Red Brigid's hair turned to fire for a moment and light poured out of Blue and Green Brigid's bodies, connecting with Corrine.

They laid her back on the bed and Ridley rested her hand on Corrine's head. Corrine's eyes flickered open. She jolted upright.

"What happened?" asked Corrine. The three Brigid's smiled and joined hands merging back into one, her gown changing back to white. Hades ran to Corrine and pulled her to him. "Get off me! What happened?"

Hades placed his hands on either side of her face. "Zeus trapped you in your nightmares. He was trying to fracture your Psyche. He wanted to break your mind. But I couldn't let him. I promised to protect you. Are you okay?"

Corrine nodded and Hades kissed her forehead. He sat on the side of the bed next to her. "I knew Zeus was up to something. But what's the point of breaking my mind?"

"If he broke your mind you'd basically be an empty shell."

The Goddess Brigid said, "You are extremely strong to have survived that. You've been through past trauma, haven't you?"

Corrine crossed her arms over her chest. "Everyone has past trauma. Mine is no worse than others. At least I survived."

"You are an exceptional mortal, Corrine. It will be wonderful to have you in the realm of the Gods. I'm Brigid. by the way."

"Hades mentioned you. And I've read about you."

Brigid smiled, "Few mortals from outside Ireland have ever heard of me."

"I like reading," muttered Corrine.

Hades looked at everyone, "Thank you for your help, Brigid. I don't want to be rude to anyone but I think my wife and I need a little time together."

"It was lovely to meet you, Corrine," said Brigid as her bare feet swept through the door.

Ridley and Madeline stood next to each other. Madeline finally said, "We're glad you're okay, Corrine."

"Wait, you talked. I thought you weren't allowed to talk to me," said Corrine.

Ridley responded, "We are not deities, so we cannot speak to mortals prior to them becoming immortals. Hades is the deity. As his half sisters, we don't have the same privileges."

Madeline grabbed Ridley. "We'll be leaving now, it was nice to meet you Corrine." Madeline and Ridley left the room and closed the door.

Corrine sat on the bed next to Hades and soon became nervous. What was going to happen to her?

"So, I guess we're married now," whispered Corrine. She looked down at the bed.

"We are."

"What are you going to do to me?" asked Corrine. Hades tilted her chin up and her eyes widened in fear. Corrine pushed him away and jumped off the bed. She ran to the first door she saw an closed it behind her. Corrine was now sitting in a closet hiding from her husband.