Part Five - Greysexual

Greysexual flag

Greysexual flag.

Gaystripe is back on stage again, looking exceedingly annoyed. The audience snickers.

Gaystripe: Since video chatting all of you didn't work, I'm back here. Have fun trying to break the glass though.

The audience murmurs in confusion. One of the cats pads up to the stage, but before they get to Gaystripe, they smack into an almost invisible sheen of glass. Gaystripe smirks at the hapless cat.

Gaystripe: Well, let's get this started, shall we? *shakes fur out* The following few sexualities all fall under the ace umbrella, so they may sound somewhat similar. But, they are different sexualities. *flicks tail* With that clear, today's topic is Greysexuality.

More puzzled whispers emerge. Gaystripe ignores them and continues.

Gaystripe: Also, yes, I promised that this would be on time, but clearly it's not... *cough* there were a few... problems among the team.

Someone from backstage: *yelling* FIX YOUR OWN SCRIPT THEN!

Gaystripe: *yelling back* FINE! I WILL! *huffs* Anyways. Greysexuality. What is it, and how is it related to asexuality? Greysexuality, which is also known as grey-asexuality, is a sexuality where sexual attraction only occasionally occurs. In other words, a greysexual cat would typically experience no sexual attraction, but may suddenly experience it with a random cat.

Gaystripe jumps slightly in surprise when he realises the audience has moved forward, and the front row of cats are tapping at the glass, scowls on their faces.

Gaystripe: Hey! Move back! Are you even listening to me?

The cats share looks with each other, then shake their heads.

Gaystripe: *sighs* Are you even here to learn anymore?

Again the cats shake their heads.

Gaystripe: *sighs again* Well, we're recording these now, so hopefully someone else will appreciate these. *glares at the audience*

The cats titter, then go back to tapping the glass.

Gaystripe: *rolls eyes* Notably, greysexuality is very similar to asexuality, but asexuality is defined as a complete lack of attraction, as opposed to greysexuality's occasional attraction.

One of the cats pulls out a small bucket. Gaystripe watches them for a moment, wondering where they got it from, but bites back yet another sigh when the cat dips their paw into the bucket, then pulls it back out and slams their paw onto the glass, leaving a large, orange paw print.

Gaystripe: Oh! Before I forget, here's an important term that should be defined before continuing. As mentioned previously, asexuality is a spectrum. Why aren't the other identities a spectrum, then, you might ask. That's because they're on a spectrum where sexual attraction is present. Put simply, the opposite of being asexual is being allosexual, which means you experience sexual attraction. All previously discussed sexualities, excluding asexuality, are all part of allosexuality (which, by the way, has other synonymous terms, such as zedsexuality or zsexuality, though allosexuality seems to be the most prevalent one).