Armistice

"This morning was wild," Lance thought. Keith had chased him all around the castle for a good hour before Zarkon attacked them (You kill joy!) and whereas he had been out of breath and sweaty, Keith had stood there, full of stamina and ready to run like this for two decades at least.

This man isn't possibly human! Well technically he wasn't. But this was a debate for another time. Right now, the task at hand was for Lance to find his boyfriend. A few hours had passed since the battle with Zarkon's troop and he had not yet seen him.

"This is not over,"  Keith's voice echoed in Lance's head. He had breathed those little words in the corridors just when the alarm went on, as Lance was hiding behind a pillar, ready to flee in the other direction once Keith would have turned the corner.

Keith was a listener. He tended to be quiet when time didn't ask for him to speak or voice his opinion, but when his mind was set on doing something, it could go far. Really far.

So, Lance was looking for his boyfriend. Ready to sign the peace treaty or whatever was needed. (Not that he was renouncing on his theory. Oh boy no, Lance could be as stubborn as Keith when it was required!)

But Red wasn't in the training area, like Lance had first expected him to be, nor was he in the hangar with his lion or even at the pool. So, Lance was now heading towards Keith's room, in case he had gone back and Lance had missed him.

And if he wasn't, well... Lance was already thinking of other areas Keith might be hiding in (He knew he probably wasn't really hiding but still). Considering they were traveling through space right now, he wouldn't be on the roof. Keith liked to be in high places when he needed time for himself.

Suddenly an image of Bat Keith, brooding in the high, black, narrow spaces of the castle popped in his mind and he thought he'd melt from the cuteness. Maybe he should check the air vent after all? Lance laughed at his own silliness. Seriously, he really needed to turn off his brain sometimes.

Music coming out of the room pulled him out of his daydream. Keith's room. No checking the air vent then, I guess. He stepped in and was greeted by Keith's bare back (and muscles... Focus Lance!) as he was drying his hair up with a towel.

Lance closed the space between them without a sound and hugged him from behind, nuzzling his head into his wet neck, "I come to make peace with you oh mighty red paladin." he declared, his voice muffled as he pronounced such serious intentions.

"Peace?" asked Keith, startled but not rejecting the hug.

"Yeah, because you're mad at me." Lance sulked.

"Mad? Why would I be mad at you silly?" Keith asked, his voice slightly amused as he ruffled Lance's hair.

"Because of the death glare you send me this morning?" Lance said, as if the reason was absolutely obvious and anyone would have noticed the rushed glance Keith threw him and then ask themselves a dozen questions and worry like crazy. Wait, that wasn't normal?

"This morning?" Lance could see the gears of Keith's brain working under his piercing gaze. "Oh, you mean the early morning running session we made in the castle?" Keith smirked, turning to Lance.

"You hunt me down for like two hours," his voice high pitched, as he started to get annoyed. What was with that smirk and how did Keith dare to make his heart flutter at that beautiful smirk while he was being angry? "But wait, you seriously don't remember?" his brain suddenly raised the question, pushing the conflicting feelings aside.

"That reminds of someone, making Lance turn his head, his ears burning hot while Keith simply chuckled. "But no, it slipped my mind. I mean it's not like we had to defeat Zarkon and save two planets from destruction in the hours that followed, right? "

"So, you're not mad at me anymore?" Lance asked again.

"I never was, you know."

"What? But-"

"Matter of principle," Keith said as he kissed his forehead, a smile spreading on his own lips.

Lance would have played the outraged one if Keith's cold hand hadn't landed under the edge of his tank top. He couldn't control his shiver.

"Ticklish, Blue?"

Mischief lit up in the blue gray irises.

***

A tickles battle later, Lance laid on the couch, Keith asleep in his lap. He always comes back exhausted from his swimming sessions. His fingers combing the still wet dark hair, he muttered "You'd be cute with freckles though" and kissed the top of his sleepy boyfriend's head.

But the cute intimate moment they were having couldn't last forever and Pidge just had to appear on the doorway, "Gross." She exclaimed in her most weirded-out voice possible, sticking out her tongue.

She earned a pillow right into the face for that comment.

Her evil laughter lingered in the corridors.

"That's my Sharpshooter," whispered a half-asleep Keith. Lance beamed.

***

A/N : Hoped you enjoy this update! I don't think i have anymore ideas to keep on writing this one but I trust my fellow french paladin and my dragon sis to convince me otherwise (this fic was only one chapter long at first, and here i am posting the third one hehe) ! But if you have any ideas please do tell! either here or on Tumblr (@little-dragon-writes or @bookstvseriesandanimes) I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks again fo reading!! <3