CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Dale sat around table with the children's attention to him. What he read brought him to a final decision. It's tough, but it has to be made. Dale is back in the picture, now it's time fir her to get out of it. Having him back probably assured her that their children will be alright now and she can finally go in peace. All he has to do, is set her free.

"I have something to get off my chest." Dale said with a serious look. "Your mother has suffered a lot. I want us to leave this in the hands of fate. If she doesn't wake up, we'll know it's for the best. If she does and she's not the same, we accept that and if...she's...the person we use to know, we love her and accept her for what she is and what she's been through."

Kyle smile warmly and look at Kayla that also gave them a smile. They understand their father's opinion. He doesn't make clear what's to come or whatever, but they know what he's trying to say.

Dale sat in the chair in the hospital doing the regular. Reading her diary. Her voice is like an engraved recorder in his mind. He wants to hear her laughter like when they first met.

Dear diary

You wouldn't believe it, but Dale came knocking on my door claiming his house burned down. He's on the hunt to get the truth out of me and if he does... I'm gonna be the bad guy. I can't let him know. I won't let him know. I'm just really worried that he'll hear me scream in my dream.

I know it's not right if I take out all my frustrations on him. I just can't let him get to me. He's a nice caring guy and the last one getting hurt should be him and our children.

Dale's reading was soon interrupted when his phone started to ring. He jump up and answer the phone looking with his eyes stretched wide open looking at Kate.

"Okay I'll be there in a minute." he said and hung up. He put his phone away and walk to Kate placing a kiss on her cheek. She looks pale and still lost somewhere in her body.

"I love you." he whispered in her ear.

He run out again. Kate just lays there hopeless and asleep. No movement, blush or smile. Just a useless body laying there.

Dale go to detective Johnson that stood in his office. With his rush to get to him, it's clear he should have good news.

"I have some news." detective Johnson started.

"What is it?" Dale ask anxiously.

"We got him but...he got shot when he tried to attack one of the police officers." detective Johnson said.

"Thank goodness. Atleast Kate is out of danger." Dale smiled wiping his mouth with his hand.

"Yes." detective Johnson nod.

"Where is the body?" Dale asked.

"At the mortuary." came the reply as a joke. "I've seen death becomes her and if Marilyn or who ever she is can wake up out if the dead, so can he."

Dale gave a laugh and shake Detective Johnson's hand. He's just grateful that the case is sort out.

"Thank you very much." Dale thanked.

"No problem. I'm just doing my job." detective Johnson replied. "We'll take DNA samples from him to see if they match the results we got from Kate around the time it happened to her."

"Okay." Dale nod satisfied. Dale thanked him one more time before walking out. He's overwhelmed with joy. But is the man really caught? Is it the right man?