Thyme

Thyme walked into the home. She hung her coat on the rack. She didn't bother to remove the blade from it; no one would suspect the "sweet" family made up of night owls. Money wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for addiction and grandmothers that refuse to help their own family. She followed her twin upstairs and creaked the door open. In a chair near the bed where her father layed was her brother Demetrius.  He began rambling on and on about how Thyme and him had a spectacular day and her job went smoothly.
Demetrius stuff.
In reality the day started off with Demetrius almost getting disintegrated. He had attempt to follow Thyme to her target and had almost stepped outside without any proper protection. Then he was much too loud when approaching the guy she was about to, I don't know, assassinate?  He called him a friend and stuff, sure he might be useful for spying and befriending but actually helping Thyme dispose of people. Her mother gave her a weak smile, which Thymew returned. Her father was looking better.
That was a lie.
In fact he looked much worse, his skin was paler than usual which was extremely bad, his eyes were sunken in, his voice sounded strained and he always seemed out of it.
"Thyme?"
Thyme stopped noticing every detail of how everything was going to go wrong when she heard Demetrius. "Um yes?" Thyme fiddling with the edge of a bandage on her neck. No.  Don't do that.  It'll start to tear and come off, do you know how unsafe that'd be. Ok so maybe nothing was underneath the bandages, but it was better have bandages right there just in case someone decided to strike at her neck. No that was the armour she also put on the top part of her neck. It looked a bit ridiculous.
"How much money did you get for that gentlemen?"Demetrius looked so excited for the answer yet Thyme wasn't.
"About 19 pounds."
"See she's getting enough,"her mother smiled.
No she wasn't. She wasn't getting enough income. It was ridiculous that she didn't get paid nearly enough for a family of four by killing someone. Her mother's smile was fake and she knew it. Yet all she did was smile as well and nod to fill her twin with hope that probably didn't exist.
Yelling.
Hysterical yelling, coming from the bed. Thyme glanced up at her father. He didn't seem in pain, he was more delusional. This has happened once before but he was talking quietly. Her father began to scream, scream loud in Russian. Thyme could make out a few words such as "doctor" and "stay."  Demetrius stepped away from the bed. She turned towards her mother to see if she understood anything else he was saying, but she looked clueless. It was better to let this pass.
"Derzhat'sya podal'she ot vrachey-ved'm!"
There he was screaming about a doctor again. He was hysterical. This wasn't a good sign. He sat up straight in bed and clamped onto her mother's arm. He sounded like he was pleading for some thing, yet his eyes were filled with fear. Her mother gently shushed him. Her mother turned towards the door and looked Thyme and Demetrius in the eyes.
They left the room.