ten.

EXIT WOUNDS.
010. | ❛ i can't win anymore.

UTTERING WORDS IN AND OUT OF CONSCIOUSNESS, CLINT PICKED UP THE SCIENTIST IN A BRIDAL STYLE USHERING BOTH OF THEM TO THE QUINJET. MILA'S HEAD FELL AGAINST HIS CHEST AND LIKE A SCARED CHILD, SHE BURIED HER FACE IN HIS CHEST WITH WHIMPERS FALLING FROM HER LIPS. Clint could only make up scenarios of what the enhanced could've done to his team, or even to Mila who was innocent in this fight. From the way that she huddled close, it must've been playing or attacking her mind with a memory. She didn't need that from a battle that wasn't hers to fight.

As Mila huddled closer to Clint with her ragged breaths, he felt his arm getting wet. For when he looked down, he observed the sudden change of Mila. She was now breaking out into a fever, and could only assume that she was getting chills to how she shivered. A groan escaped her mouth in pain, and could only assume that she was getting worse. For the redness had appeared in her cheeks with a paleness washing over her, and that's when Clint's footsteps quickened faster to the Quinjet.

In a frantic manner, Clint rushed carrying Mila and setting her down on the nearest table, bench, or even sprawled across the seats. Her state of health looked even more serious that her breaths had picked up, and she still kept falling in and out of conscious.

"Stark, Banner! I need your help over here, Mila isn't looking so great." Clint informed the two men who had also been in a distant atmosphere.

Tony and Bruce appeared to the scene to see Mila with sweats and chills. Bruce was the one to kneel down and press a hand to her forehead, and almost instantly bringing it back to the incredible heat. He massaged his hand before turning it over to reveal a small burn on it. Standing up, Bruce alerted Tony of the situation.

"It seems as if her powers have somewhat override her. That what's happening right now is that Mila exerted her power when in there, or she's reaching a high temperature that her powers are kicking in as well." Bruce said leading him away from Mila to not cause her any more distress. "And if we don't act fast, she can die."

Bruce turned around to look at Mila who was clearly in a battle for life at the moment, and he needed to be by her side. To at least tell her that she was going to be alright, or even have the courage to say that to a lady like her. She had an inner angel, while he had an inner demon.

A wheezing caught the two's attention and identified Mila holding her chest, while noises exited her mouth. Rushing over to her side, the closer they got the closer they realized that her condition was getting worse with each passing second. Her lips were no longer the cherry ones that Bruce had see, but no faded by blue. Her plain fingernails that had never had polish on them because of the chemicals, were also blue. Not to mention that her fingers which Bruce held were now, cold as ice.

"We need some an oxygen mask for her, right now! And some Acetaminophen or Ibuprofen before she gets worse!" Bruce screamed with his anger getting viciously shown, as he continued to remain by her side holding her fingers in his hand while Tony rushed to get the supplies.

Mila shook her head with her eyes completely shut, murmuring to herself repeatedly the same phrase over and over again. Bruce just heard a jumble of words that escaped her lips, each time she repeated it only getting clear. He inched closer to hear what desperately she needed or wanted. With each inch, he was getting closer to her face which only stirred up more emotions that he didn't know that he could feel. A patch of hair fell from Mila's face as she stirred again, and only then did he hear what she had been saying.

"I don't think I can win anymore." He stood stunned by her words that she said with such agony and hurt in her voice, as she fell once again into unconscious.

Tony had appeared with the necessary materials that Bruce had requested, and immediately went to work trying to keep Mila alive. He applied the oxygen mask to her face which restored the color to her fingers, fingernails, lips, and face. When he administered the medication, he could feel that she was no longer burning with fire.

Finally relieved from the scare of Mila, Bruce almost awkwardly sat next to her as she stayed in a dazed sleep. The words that she had said stayed with him as painful to hear escape from her mouth. Bruce had always found himself as a person who would always give up the fight with the Hulk; that it was a fight that no matter how hard he tried, he would loose. But he viewed Mila as the strongest woman or scientist that he known to be humble yet powerful at the same time. Hearing her say that Oz was winning, and that she could no longer fight ripped him apart because in the short span they had known each other, Mila had been a fighter. From the tragic family story to traveling a thousand miles to find them in New York, that was what a fighter looked like.

A heavyset of mass made itself comfortable in Bruce's lap, he looked down to see Mila's head on his lap. He emitted a small smile and a chuckle before realizing he didn't know what to do with his hands. His arms kind of just flared up in the air, before resting them softly on top of Mila's hand.

He used his other to brush the hair out of her face that smelled like coconut, and revealing her face that resembled the definition of beauty. As he kept stroking her hair he whispered to himself but for Mila if she heard him, "You might lose the battle, but you'll win the war."