Four

Chapter Four; Hogwarts.

     The walk to Tina's apartment took longer then necessary, it took a bit of time to get Eden to stop crying. When she did though Newt still kept her close, she needed someone right now.

Tina was furious when they both showed up at her door, she wouldn't stop yelling.

'Tina...' Eden said, when she didn't stop yelling Eden started to yell too, 'Tina!'

Tina looked at her, her face was red and Eden could tell she was going to go off on her. Eden would to but not towards Tina.

'Don't you yell at me!' Tina yelled slamming the front door shut, 'Don't you tell me to be quiet!'

Eden frowned stepping back, she reached for the door handle the same time as Newt did. They both had the same idea, escape.

'Eden Lillian Rowan!'

Eden cringed, she hated when people used her full name.

'I'm sorry!' She said, 'I'm sorry you lost your job and I'm sorry it is my fault!'

Tina started pacing the room, 'And now as I try to get my job back you show up to ruin it! How could you?'

Eden looked around trying to find something to focus on, she always did that when she was nervous or upset.

'I didn't want to take this job, Tina!'

'Then why did you?'

'Because Mr Grave is my boss and I can't just tell him no!'

Tina's face was redding by the minute as she continued to pace the room, Queenie came in completely lost on what was happening but she wasn't planning on interrupting her sister. Tina usually never exploded like this, she had to have been angry for awhile now.

'And then after I get fired you stopped talking to me, what was that all about!' Tina raged, 'And then you come here and refuse to tell me how you know this man?'

Eden sighed, she knew she couldn't run from this now.

'We went to school together.' She explained, 'We were in the same house and year at Hogwarts.'

'Is there more?' Tina asked, 'Because I feel like there is considering he asked Queenie for your address.'

Eden had her hand on the door knob, she could opened it and run.

'We were friends.' Newts voice was quiet, he probably wasn't used to two woman fighting.

Tina nodded viciously, 'Is that why you don't want me to turn him into the Ministry?'

'You've already done that, Tina' Queenie mumbled from the kitchen, Eden suppressed a small smile.

'Those creatures are his life, you can't take that away from him.'

'This is my chance to get my job back, Eden.' Tina pleaded, 'Please let me take it. You owe me that much.'

Eden sighed staring from Newt back to Tina, she didn't know what to do until she noticed Newt give a slight nod with sad eyes. Eden frowned as she watched Tina stare at her.

'I'll leave.' Eden breathed, 'Go get your job back, Tina.'

Tina smiled, no longer angry she walked over to Eden and engulfed her into a hug. When she let go she whispered a thank you before rushing beside Queenie and a strange man Eden hadn't noticed before.

'Well...' Eden said, 'It was nice seeing you guys again.'

Queenie frowned waving at her while Tina nodded still smiling, she actually though this would get her job back. The man beside Queenie awkwardly waved as well, Eden smiled back.

'Bye, Newt.' She added before disappearing out the door.

•••

She stayed home the rest of the day, she wasn't surprised that no one followed her. Usually they were the ones who left, that was why Eden didn't know how she felt about Newt yet. He left when she needed him most, he didn't tell her he was leaving. One day he just disappeared and Eden never heard from him again.

She groaned laying her bed, she really did hate being alone in such a big city. Every single light was on in her apartment, multiple books of poetry laid open scattered among her bed.

CRACK!

A panicked Newt fell onto the ground, Eden peered down onto the floor from her bed. He sprang back up just as fast as he went down, he blinked multiple times before focusing his attention towards Eden. He looked at all the books sprawled around on her bed, he picked up the nearest one and read the few words that were inked onto its page.

'A six word poem.' He read, 'You liked me enough to lie.'

Eden stared up at him, now that he was standing he was towering over her.

'What are you doing here?' She asked, 'Why do you keep coming back?'

'I need your help.'

'With what?'

'Some of my creatures have escape from their temporary habitat...' He trailed off, 'I need your help finding them.'

'Why me?'

'Because their all familiar with you, Eden.' He said, 'They all like you.'

Eden sighed standing up from her bed, she grabbed her wand from her nightstand before agreeing to help him. Maybe this time he wouldn't leave, maybe this time he would stay. Eden knew better though, she had always set herself up for destruction. She should be used to it by now, yet she knew she never would be.