Chapter three

I was sitting in a pub near my college, I was still a student back then; 3rd year of English. The pub was quiet and I was eating a blue berry pie with dark coffee and revising my paper before handing it over the next day.

A blonde girl wearing a long blue sky dress had walked in. She ordered Nachos (my favorite snack, may I add) with Milk shake (one of the best food combinations.)
She sat on the bar in front of me, I noticed her shoulders were tense and she kept tapping her leg which indicated that she was stressed and had too much on her hand and might even have an inability to let go of certain disturbing things. Or that's just bananas talk I picked up in my psychology books.

I couldn't stop looking at her, I felt as if she was broken and as the puzzle champion I was at seven, I always felt the need to put things together.
I felt the need to talk to her.
And college is about experiencing new things, and getting out of your comfort zone, right?
But even as I talked myself through that my heart beat so fast.

Why do we care if somebody rejects us, why do we care?
Why do we desperately want others to think of us highly; as high as possible in their minds. Why do we try so hard at some times to be appropriate and interesting?
If someone thinks you're uninteresting and boring then, perhaps that someone's isn't meant for you. So why waste your life chasing the wrong person?

I'm going to fix the puzzle bar girl.

So I gathered my courage and stood up to talk to her.
"Hey," I said and she didn't even seem to notice me. " I like blue." She tilted her head and looked at me questioning my very weird statement and just then I had realized what a stupid thing I've said.
I needed to chill and be cool in order for her to even consider talking to me.

"What would make a girl like you, set alone in a bar drinking Coffee at 3:30 am." She started to move her mouth but I stopped her by saying "Don't. Let me figure it out."  She smiled and gestured me to sit on the chair next to her. Perhaps she let me talk to her and sit with her because she knew I thought she was mysterious and secretive, and as I know Addison now, she loved being mysterious and secretive- very secretive.
Or she let me talk to her because she was bored...