Bullies?

Me: Her new name will be Yuki, its Yuki which means snow in Japanese. Shane started watching anime and stuff once Joey showed him it.

Shane and Joey looked at each other and smiled. They turned their heads back at me and nodded. 

 Looked down at Yuki and smiled.

The next few days went by fast. I went to school, got home, played with Shonah then spent time with Shane and Joey. Things in my life were really starting to look up. I have good family, good friends. I have a good life. I only have Shoey to thank. 

*Friday*

It was the last class of the day and I have Math. I wasn’t paying attention. I was just writing some stuff in my notebook. But suddenly I got called on.

Teacher: What’s the answer Hannah?

My friend whispered in my ear the number 7.

Me: 7!

I heard some laughing from people and I was confused. That was until I looked at what my teacher was writing on the board. The question was 2+2. 

Me: I… uhh… I mean 4.

There were more laughs from the class then the teacher wrote 4 on the board and finished the problem… That was fun.

After class I got come hugs and high fives and I saw someone I haven’t seen in school before. 

I think he was new. He had black swooped hair like Shane’s. 

He had a face that was so perfect. He had a tiny nose. Beautiful brown eyes and red cheeks… He smiled and I almost fainted. His smile is the best thing in the world. He has the best teeth and they are really white!

Almost as white as Joey’s teeth. Almost.

I noticed his locker was right next to mine. I should go say hi.

What am I saying? I’m too ugly for him. He is probably gay or dating someone. I don’t have a chance. I walked up to my locker, opened it and put my stuff in my bag. I closed my locker and to my surprise, he was standing there. Looking at me straight in the eye.

Him: My name is Jessie. And you are?

Why was he talking to me? 

Me: I-I’m Hannah.

He looked down at me given that he is taller than me and giggled. It wasn’t a giggle, more of a little “Heh” You give to people who accidentally step on you.

He looked into my eyes.

Him: Nice to meet you Hannah. I’m new here. Could you show me around a little?

He looked at me as if he was interested.

Me: It’s after school though?

His look turned a little sad as he opened his mouth to speak but I just cut him off.

Me: What the heck. Let me see your schedule.

He handed it to me and I reached out for it. I accidentally touched his hand. But I felt something. I felt a spark. It wasn’t a painful spark but a sweet spark. I looked up into his eyes. He felt it too. I could read his face.

He gave me a small smile and I smiled back. My phone started to ring. It was Joey…

I answered it.

Me: Hello?

Joey: Hey baby doll are you alright? Were outside.

Me: Oh I can walk. I’m showing my new friend around the school.

Joey: Boy or girl?

Me: Boy.

Shane screamed in the background.

Shane: USE PROTECTION!!

Joey just started laughing then we said our goodbyes and hung up.

I looked down at the schedule and he started laughing. I looked back up at him tracing his features with my eyes as I met his eyes.

Him: Friends huh?

Me: O-oh I’m sorry. We don’t have to-

He cut me off by slamming his lips into mine. It was almost like fireworks were going off in my body. This felt amazing. This felt right. I was kissing back until we got caught by a teacher. We pulled away and I looked at his schedule one last time. This time I really looked at his classes. I just used it to cover my blush though.

Me: We have all the same classes. Just find me before school and I can take you around school. My locker is right here.

I brought my hand up to my locker and tapped it twice. He looked into my eyes and smiled. 

Him: Do you have a phone?

I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and unlocked it. I then handed it to him. He typed a few things in and gave it back to me. It was a contact that said “Jessie (:” And had his number in it. 

We also said our goodbyes and I walked home. Once I got home I was welcomed by Yuki licking me. Shane met me at the door questioning my night.

Shane: Did you use protection?

Me: Shane I didn’t have sex!

I said in a slightly annoyed but playful voice.

Shane: Sorry. I just want you to find someone you love.

Me: I like him a little. He is cute and nice.

I went up to my room and plopped on my bed. Normally I do my homework but I didn’t. I pulled out my phone and texted Jessie.

Me: Hey Jessie! It’s Hannah (:

I waited for a reply that never came. I started to do my homework after an hour. Then I got a text.

Jessie: Hey Hannah. I’m sorry I didn’t reply. I was doing my homework. School always comes first to me.

So he was a smart guy. I think I’m starting to like him even more…

I wasn’t sure what to reply so I just sat there with my thumbs hovering the screen for what seemed like forever until I finally came up with some words.

Me: Oh it’s alright! What school did you come from?

I continued doing my homework awaiting his reply which came a lot sooner than I was expecting.

Him: Actually I was home schooled. I got bullied a lot at my school.

Me: Why would anyone want to bully your beautiful face? (:

Did I really just say that…?

I got nervous. Wondering what he is going to say. I didn’t get the answer I was expecting at all.

Him: Because I had acne and I was a total nerd. But I’m glad I have you as a friend. 

Me: Yeah I’m not leaving.

We talked the rest of the day as I also visited with Shane and Joey.

Yuki came jumping on my lap as my phone buzzed signaling I got a new text.

Jessie: Hey. I just wanted to let you know that I kind of like you.

I didn’t know how to reply. We had only met. I just put down my phone and fell asleep. 

I woke up in the morning to the sound of my alarm. I hated but loved that sound. People get bullied at school, have no friends and get ignored but I’m different. I have friends. I’m the popular one. I am liked here. It feels good to be liked. To have friends. 

I’m not who I was a year ago. I have changed so much.

I am nicer to people. I can trust people. I have friends. 

When people say that something is life changing, they could possibly mean it. 

So believe me when I say, moving in with Shane and Joey was life changing.