6

Monday. The day after Jughead and I's almost kiss. It was already lunch time and I haven't heard even a breath from Jughead Jones. I would see him in the hall and he would turn and walk the other way. It was unbearable to see him walk away from me instead of walking happily towards me, wanting to tell me his ideas for a new chapter of his book.

  Tuesday. Two days after the almost kiss. Jughead looked at me from his table in the corner of the lunch room. As my eyes met his, he looked back to his laptop almost instantly. Then, we bumped into each other in the hallway on our way to our last period. He stared at me for a moment before turning back around and walking away, not even taking a moment to look back.

  Wednesday. Wednesday was the day that broke me even more. I was walking to the lounge room for my free period, trying to push back any thought of Jughead. I walked past the Blue and Gold room. Getting curious to whether or not Betty was in there, I turned back around, looking through the window. What I saw nearly made me drop my water bottle on the ground.

  Betty and Jughead. Jughead was sat on the desk, a grip on Betty's waist, pulling her closer to him. Their lips intertwined with each other's. I ran. As fast I could. I couldn't watch any longer. I didn't wanna see Jughead kissing another girl, when just days ago he was going to kiss me.

  I was running so fast, tears filling my eyes. I could barely see anyone until I ran right into a tall figure. I hit the ground, looking up and seeing Archie. I sighed in relief. He noticed my shaking figure, reaching out for my hand. I took it, letting him help me up.

  "What's wrong, Y/N?" He asked, worry lacing his voice.

  "J-Jughead. B-Betty. They were-" I began, before another sob overtook me.

  "It's okay, it's okay." He spoke softly, leading me into an empty classroom. He sat me down at a desk, while he sat in front of me. "Breathe, then tell."

  "Betty and Jughead. I saw them in the Blue and Gold room kissing. B-but, Jughead and I almost kissed on Sunday. He was so happy and then he got up and left, he said he was gonna hurt me." I spoke, letting out everything.

  "I trusted him, well I did. I do. I do trust him. With my life, Archie. He's my favorite person." I continued.

  Archie nodded, allowing me to continue my rambling.

  "I thought he liked me, I truly did.  He asked if he could kiss me, I told him to do it. And he almost did. Archie, I don't understand." I couldn't hold in the tears that I pushed away after I sat down. I let them pour out.

  "Come on, let's get you home." Archie stood up, pulling me up with him.