Chapter 4: Worst Date Ever

3rd Person POV

Anna was eager to carry out the heist. She wanted it done by the end of the week. That was good for her, but it meant Jim had limited time to finalize his plan.

While Anna was out to get the supplies they needed, Jim went down to the jewelry shop. Anna thought he was going to disable any alarms or security cameras they had. In reality, Jim went to check to see if the shop had all the safety precautions they needed for a robbery.

Jim felt bad about sabotaging her, especially since Anna was so excited about it, but it was his job. She was going to commit a crime. Jim had to think of her as a criminal, and not a woman he had fallen in love with. He would not feel as guilty, however, if she never told him that she loved him. That was the first time she had ever said it. It was also the worst time.

Eventually Saturday night rolled around. Jim knew he had to get it over with. He had already alerted the precinct about the robbery set up for that night. So even if Anna managed to bypass all the security, they would still be there.

As they approached the store, Anna hid the car in a back alley way. She handed Jim a mask, and put her own on. Before Jim was ready, Anna was already out the door and headed towards the store. Jim rushed to catch up to her. He ran towards the back door and realized Anna had already managed to get herself inside. Jim sighed.

He would sometimes forget about Anna being a professional thief.

He grabbed the door before it closed and walked inside. Jim entered the store and noticed Anna staring at one of the cases. Anna looked up at him.

"Oh, sorry. One of the pieces caught my eye," she said.

She walked away from the case suspiciously. He walked over to the case she was looking at. He realized she was looking at the engagement rings. Jim gulped.

Anna began to smash the glasses. The alarms blared. Jim knew for sure now the police would come.

"I thought you said you disabled the alarms?" Anna asked.

"They must've turned them back on," Jim lied.

Anna scowled in annoyance.

"Here, just get as much as you can then we run out through the back again," she said.

It didn't matter at that point

Surely enough, the police were there in minutes.

"Crap!" Anna shouted.

As the police began to storm into the store, Jim and Anna both took out their guns. Harvey was the first man inside.

"Put your weapon down!" he shouted.

Anna didn't pick up on the fact that he just said "weapon" and not "weapons" but Jim knew perfectly he was talking to just Anna.

Jim pulled off his mask. He then stopped pointing his gun at Harvey and pointed it at Anna.

"Jim, what are you doing?" she asked.

Jim then put his hand in his pocket and pulled something out. The last thing Anna would ever want to see her boyfriend holding.

"Anna Markiewitz. You are under arrest" he said to Anna.

As Jim began reading off her rights, Harvey had come over and took her gun away. He pulled off her mask and forced her to kneel on the ground as he put handcuffs on her. Anna then felt tears rolling down her cheeks. She was in such disbelief with everything happening, she then began to feel ill.

But even with everything going on, she still only had one thought.

Worst. Date. Ever