one ;

The day started the same. The first alarm woke her up, she swiped her hand, completely missing the alarm clock. It still landed on the floor, crashing and turning off. She grunted and rolled over, falling out of bed in the most un-graceful manner. She quickly picked up the alarm and shoved it into her normal looking black backpack. Stark would fix it. She made herself a green tea, nursing it in her hands in the kitchen of her studio apartment. Although she had moved in several weeks ago, the place was still bare. She dressed in her normal attire, black jeans and a large deep red jumper. Not bothering with anything else to do with her appearance, she shoved her smallest gun into the waistband of her jeans, covering it with the jumper. Grabbing her phone (shoved into her back pocket) and keys (which went into her backpack after locking her door) she stepped into the elevator and made it down the 78 floors to the lobby, then another three levels down to her level of the underground car park. She threw the backpack into the ground, grabbing cover-alls and pulling them on over her outfit. Then she put on her helmet and re-secured her backpack, she turned the keys in the ignition of the motorbike and set off.
It was only a ten-minute walk to her office, but it was early and the sun still hasn't risen. The ride took her less than two, and the roaring of the engine was a much needed break from the silence of living alone. She pulled up outside her office and parked her bike in the garage, stripping off the cover-alls. She made it to the locker room without seeing anyone, and changed out of her jeans and jumper, and into her more suitable work clothes. She had several standard work clothes, and two non-standard. She hadn't used those two since 2012. After the cleanup she put it away, promised she'd only use it in extreme emergencies. So she changed into her navy blue catsuit, zipped it up, pulled on her boots, and clipped her holsters into place. The gun that was once in her waistband was now on her left thigh, and there was another on her right. Her belt was strapped at her waist. She pulled her hair into a suitable ponytail, and grabbed the alarm clock for Stark.

;

"That's the third time this week Brighton, I'm beginning to think I might need to book you anger management classes." Stark said
"Bullshit Stark. You know why it ends up broken, and you love having things to tinker with, don't deny it." She smirked, leaning against the desk. "When do you head away with Pepper?" She asked.
"Tonight, got it all arranged. Should be the holiday to remember." Tony replied, messing with some of the gears in the clock.
"I'll bet. Don't forget the ring." She smirked.
"Brighton. How the hell did you know about that?" He asked, outraged.
"I'm a spy Stark. It's what I do." She rolled her eyes.
"Well don't." He said, trying to calm down.
"Just fix my damn alarm." She said, shifting her weight from one foot to the other.
"What about your twin?" Stark asked.
"Barton?" The joke was that Barton and Brighton were twins because of their similar last names.
"Yeah." Tony said.
"He's spending some time with his brother, says he needs to fix things between them before we get called away to almost die again." She explained.
"Fair enough." Tony nodded, adding the final adjustments to the alarm clock and handing it back to her.
"Careful, you won't have anyone to pick up after your messes for a few weeks." Tony said.
"I have Rogers and Romanoff." She smirked, almost laughing.
"Not sure Rogers can fix your alarm every morning when you use those powers of yours on it. Last time your brought it in it was like a mini popsicle." Tony joked, and Brighton rolled her eyes. "Go and check in with Fury now, I'm sure he wants to see his top girl." He said and she did crack a small laugh.
"Hardly." She said as she exited Tony's lab. I blew up half the state of New York, I'm nowhere near Fury's favourite. She though as she ascended to the top floor of SHIELD HQ on the drizzly Monday morning.
"Agent Brighton, do you know why you're here?" Director Fury asked as she stood by the door.
"No." She replied.
"I've chosen you, Romanoff and Rogers to do a rescue mission. You leave tomorrow morning." Fury said.
"And I suppose it's not just a normal mission?" Agent Brighton had been a SHIELD agent for over six years now, she knew when Fury personally briefed her there was a catch.
"You would suppose correctly. You are to make sure that the assassination of the Georges Batroc is carried out with no witnesses or survivors. He is to be dead."
"Why not Romanoff? Why not anyone else?"
"Because you are the best at leaving no trace. Stab him with ice or something, just make sure it can't be traced back to SHIELD." Fury instructed.
"Of corse Director." She said, the faintest of smirks danced across her face. Scout Brighton was officially back in the game. She knew that Director Fury was leaving New York after today, heading out to the DC Headquarters, and she would have to go there for her full briefing before the mission. Scout was the only Avenger that stayed in New York after the incident, working with the analytics department of SHIELD on Fury's orders. He had flown down to check on her a few days ago, to see if she was fit to be taken off desk duty. Apparently, she was. Leaving New York always made Scout worried, because she wasn't there to protect her mother and younger sister, but the mission seemed short and simple enough, she would be back before she knew it. Scout nodded to Fury and exited, planning on skipping the day of work to pack for her mission, her assassination.