twenty ;

Steve blocked a punch as Iron Man landed. Clint fired an arrow at Vision. War Machine flew after Falcon and Bucky traded blows with T'Challa. Scout was running, trying to watch out for Steph, or as she had been nicknamed Azrael, the Angel of Death. She had summoned a small army of dead German soldiers and was wrecking havoc on anyone she could see. An explosive arrow hit Iron Man. Natasha threw Scott across the Tarmac as Spiderman swung after Azrael through the air, trying to web up her soldiers. Bucky landed a heavy punch on the black panther, Scout breathed deeply, and charged at Natasha.
"We're still friends, right?" Natasha asked, smirking.
"Depends on how hard you hit me." Scout joked, they wouldn't hurt each other, they were too close with that. She spun her with her legs. As Natasha was about to kick Scout's head, her foot stopped and glowed bright red. Wanda projected Natasha down.
"You were pulling your punches," Wanda said. Scout looked around, spotting Bucky fighting with the Black Panther.
"Yeah, I was, she's my sister Wanda. You can't fight family." TempBecause st said cooly, and sprinted off to protect the other member of her makeshift family.
"I didn't kill your father." Bucky said, with his hands on the Panther's neck.
"Then why did you run?"
"Oh I don't know, possibly because you were after him claws out and teeth bared?" Tempest proposed, lighting a fire in her hand. T'Challa pulled Bucky's hand off his neck, then spun him and fly-kicked him backwards. He sprouted claws and aimed for Bucky's neck, but Scout had extinguished her flame and sent ice flying at him, immediately stopping his hand. Wanda stepped in, sending him flying across the airport, crashing into a passenger gangway. Tempest ran, looking to find Steph, she had to protect Azrael.

;

Spiderman swung past, and Tempest saw Azrael lurking in the shadows. Tempest stood a little behind Cap, protecting him.
"That thing does not obey the laws of physics at all," Spiderman said.
"Look kid. There's a lot going on here that you don't understand." Cap said.
"Mr. Stark said you'd say that. Wow." Tempest stepped forward, attempting and failing to intercept the web that he had fired which stuck to Steve's shield and ankle. He pulled and Steve slid towards him. Spiderman kicked him backwards, then rolled clear.
"He also said to go for your legs." Spiderman said, and Azrael stepped forward.
"Funny, I was told to surround you all sides." She said, pointing her ancient sword forward, she used it to direct her warriors. They surged, surrounding Spiderman which gave Cap time to get his shield.
As Steve ran to get his shield, Peter webbed his hands and pulled. Steve gritted his teeth and spun propelling Peter through the air.
"Clint, can you get him off me?" Sam said.
"Buckled in?" Clint asked Scott.
"Yeah. No, I'm good. I'm good, Arrow Guy. Let's go. Let's go!" Scott said. As Clint fired his arrow, with tiny Scott latched on, the head split and Iron Man shot the shards. Scott dove between Iron Man's splayed fingers and slipped inside the Iron Man Suit at the shoulder joint.
"Stark tell you anything else?" Steve asked, trying to keep Peter's attention away from Az.
"That you're wrong. You think you're right. That makes you dangerous." Peter said, swinging down and trying to kick at Steve.
"Guess he had a point." Steve said, throwing his shield at the leg and the gangway fell. Peter held it up. "You got heart, kid. Where're you from?" Steve asked.
"Queens." Peter said. Steve was really getting sick of these Queen's kids messing around.
"Brooklyn." Steve said.

;

"We gotta go," Bucky said. "That guy's probably in Siberia by now."
"We gotta draw out the flyers. I'll take Vision. Tempest, you get Rhodey, Bucky, you get to the jet." Steve ordered.
"No, you get to the jet! All of you!" Sam said, as he was being chased by War Machine. "The rest of us aren't getting out of here." Sam said.
"As much as I hate to admit it, if we're gonna win this one, some of us might have to lose it." Tempest said with a shake in her voice.
"This isn't the real fight." Sam said.
"Alright, Sam, what's the play?" Steve asked.
"We need a diversion, something big." Sam said.
"I got something kind of big, but I can't hold it very long. On my signal, run like hell. And if I tear myself in half... don't come back for me." Scott said.
"He's gonna tear himself in half?" Bucky looked at Scout nervously.
"You're sure about this, Scott?" Steve asked.
"I do it all the time. I mean once... in a lab. Then I passed out. I'm the boss. I'm the boss. I'm the boss. I'm the boss. I'm the BOSS!" Scott said, as he leapt from mobile stairs and landed on War Machine's back as he flew past. Scott grew into a towering Behemoth and grabbed War Machine's leg.
"Holy shit!" Peter said.
"What the-" Az stopped fighting with him and looked up.
"Okay, tiny dude is big now. He's big now." War Machine said.
"I guess that's the signal."
"Way to go, Tic Tac!" Sam yelled.
"Give me back my Rhodey." Iron Man frowned. "Okay, anybody on our side hiding any shocking and fantastic abilities they'd like to disclose, I'm open to suggestions." Sam flew in a straight line towards Iron Man, firing Red Wing which cracked into Tony's helmet. Scott blocked Black Panther's path.
"You wanna get to them... you gotta go through me." He swept his gigantic foot through the crates that Black Panther was standing on, smashing them to pieces. Scott was engulfed in explosions as War Machine swept towards him with Spiderman clinging to a web stuck to War Machine back. He fired more webs and wrapped them around Scott's oversized arms. Clint fired a volley of arrows at Black Panther who caught two right in front of his face. After the arrowheads exploded he dropped them and rose extending his claws.
"We haven't met yet." Clint said, flattening his bow and spinning it around. "I'm Clint."
"I don't care." Black Panther said.
"That's a little rude." Azrael said, pointing her sword at the Panther as backup. Wielding the bow like a staff, Clint attacked T'Challa who ducked then countered with a high kick. Azrael smiled, he could dodge one, but could he take the two of them at the same time. She lunged in, she'd taken fencing for a while, and was learning another martial art too, she couldn't be dependant on just her abilities. She swiped at Black Panther with her sword and he became slightly overwhelmed. With a smile, Azrael continued fighting.

;

Scout watched from below as Giant Ant-Man punched War Machine in the air and swung a gangway toward him as he recovered. War Machine opened fire and the gangway disintegrated. Scott tried to stomp on War Machine who dove clear, evading a lunge of Scott's hand.
"Wanda!" Scout yelled, and the girl seemed to get the idea. She wove her hands, flinging vehicles into War Machines path.
"Get off." Scott said, furrowing his eyebrows as he was distracted by Peter, Ant-Man didn't spot Vision curling into a ball and ramming into him. Vision spotted Steve and Bucky approaching the hangar as Ant-Man wavered. Scout saw it happening from below, Vision flew straight through Scott.
"Something just flew in me!" He exclaimed. Vision fired a shining beam of energy from his mind stone and the control tower collapsed toward the entrance of the hangar. Wanda struggled to slow its collapse as Scout sprinted to catch up to Steve and Bucky. She caught up, then screamed as War Machine descended behind Wanda and fired a sonic disruptor. Wanda held her head in her hand and screamed. The tower fell all around Scout, Steve and Bucky, but the boys made it though into the where Natasha was waiting for them. They didn't notice the small whimper from Scout, who was trapped.
"Where's Scout?" She asked, frantic.
"I- I don't-" the three of them searched for Scout, finding her unconscious from the pain.
"You're not gonna stop." Nat said.
"You know we can't." Steve replied.
"I'm gonna regret this." She said, stunning Black Panther who had arrived behind them. "Go." She said, and Steve and Bucky ran for the Quinjet as with Scout hoisted between them.

;

"Hey, guys, you ever see that really old movie, Empire Strikes Back?" Spiderman asked.
"Jesus, Tony, how old is this guy?" War Machine was genuinely concerned.
"I don't know, I didn't carbon-date him. He's on the young side." Tony replied. Spiderman swung towards Ant-Man.
"You know that part... where they're on the snow planet... with the walking thingies?" He said, wrapping webs around Ant-Man's legs.
"Maybe the kid's on to something." Tony said.
"High now, Tony. Go high." Rhodes said. Spiderman swung around and around Ant-Man's legs as Iron Man and War Machine powered towards his head, both landing blows together. On the ground Steph was unable to do anything, half her undead army had been killed again. She stood and watched as Ant-Man tumbled down.
"YES! Ha ha! That was awesome!" Spiderman said. Giant Ant-Man hit the floor with a huge thud, one of his flailing limbs caught Spiderman on the way down, sending him flying across the air. Ant-Man returned to human size and removed the face-plate of his helmet, grimacing.
"Does anyone have any orange slices?" He asked. Tony landed by Spiderman who was in a heap. Retracting his helmet Tony looked concerned.
"Kid, you alright?" He asked.
"Hey! Get off me!"
"Same side. Guess who. Hi. It's me." Tony said.
"Oh. Hey, man."
"Yeah"
"That was scary." Spiderman said.
"Yeah. You're done. Alright?" Tony ordered.
"What?"
"You did a good job. Stay down." Tony smiled half-heartedly at him.
"No, I'm good. I'm fine." Spiderman tried to argue.
"Stay down."
"No, it's good I gotta get him back!"
"You're going home or I'll call Aunt May! You're done!" Tony made his decision, and his decision was final.
"Wait. Mr. Stark, wait! I'm not done, I'm not..." Spiderman tried to argue, tried to stand up, but failed. He slumped down onto the Tarmac. "Okay, I'm done. I'm done." He said. Steph looked around, there was nothing more she could do here, so she slowly walked over to Spiderman, looking at her twice-fallen soldiers that littered the ground.
"Hey kid?" She said, offering a hand. Spiderman looked up, the girl had a black mask over her eyes, this strange fabric that seemed to move, shimmering and shining in the light, he didn't know how the mask worked, it looked too flimsy to stay on while she fought, tied with a simple black knot behind her hair, which was dark and straight, yet it stayed on, it had to be science, but he had no idea what kind of science. "Truce?" She asked. Spiderman looked at her, she had lightly tanned skin with a dusting of freckles. Her lips were painted red, which contrasted with her all-black outfit. Spiderman took her hand. Maybe one day he'd find out how the mask worked.

--
oh man, that gave me chills, Scout's unconscious, Spiderman and Azrael are bonding? Obviously I stopped the chapter just before Rhodey gets hurt because I felt like it was dragging on a little bit, but yeah, let me know your thoughts in the comments and as always, vote
love, Rainey xo