I gave my life for him

When I was little, I always knew that I would return to my home country and fight for it.

In the school I was bullied, because I didn't spoke their language very well and prayed to Allah. When I heard bad news about my country I cried. At the time we left our home country my mother cried. Here, in Germany, are no siblings that you can take in the arm and say that you love them and be there for them. We fled, because Dad didn't want that his young children fought in the war. Here, we had a new start, but I can't forget what had happened and still happens in my country. The life in Germany was sometimes very hard, because we hadn't much money. The flight was a testing of courage. We had to move on quiet shoe soles. Now we are far away from loved people who love us. One day we are together, but until then letters are used as proof of love.

Now I am 18 years old and old enough to fight for my country. I didn't forgive them. I didn't forget mum's tears. Together with other soldiers, we fight for our country and we are successful in this. We have repulsed one-third of them with only 50 strong warriors.

When I had a day off, I went into a large shop and heard a ticking. I didn't know why I was the only one, who seemed to notice it. I went to it and saw a bomb. I screamed through the whole shop, looked everywhere to see, if there where still people. Then I turned around and wanted to go, I saw a little boy. He had great fear and it seemed as if he couldn't move. His fear paralyzed him. I acted quickly and ran to him, picked him up and ran into the direction with the nearest exit. The boy came to reflection and I told him to run the rest himself, because I couldn't run any longer. The boy ran to the exit, that wasn't far away anymore, but I was unable to run.

Suddenly I heard a loud bang and I had the
feeling my body would tear. I knew this was my end and hoped Allah would stand with me.