vi. DETOXIFICATION

The entire camp had convened in the center of Camp Jaha, awaiting their Chancellor's response to the Commander's message.

The crowd's volume lowered to a silence as Abby and Jaha exited what used to be the Ark, pausing to look over their people.

"By now, you've all heard the rumor. And, unfortunately, it's true. The grounders are coming." Her orotund voice was loud enough for all to hear, and all who were listening hung on to her every word. "We have a difficult decision to make. Thankfully, Chancellor Jaha has found his way back to us, and we're discussing all options."

"But to be safe," Jaha took the attention of the mass of people. "You need to pack. Now. Whatever you can carry. We may need to leave at a moment's notice."

"Where will we go?" A man towards the front questioned.

"I don't know, is the answer. But I heard of a place. A city of light, it's across the Dead Zone." Jaha pointed to the east, everyone else's eyes following.

"What makes you think we'll make it there?" The same man asked.

"Because we made it here. I have faith. And right now, given the alternative, it's good enough for me."

Erica's blood was close to boiling as she heard the camp leaders throwing around the concept of leaving, with their people still in Mount Weather.

"It's not good enough for us!" Clarke pushed past a few individuals, moving so that she could look Jaha in the eye. "If we leave here, what happens to our people in Mount Weather? To the teenagers you all sentenced to death when you dropped them down here?"

"As the Chancellor said," Jaha straightened his posture, surprised that the young girl questioned his judgement. "That is a very difficult decision to make. But the time has come for each and every one of us to ask, is this the story of how our people ends? Did we come all this way just to die tomorrow? Because if we're not gone by the time that sun rises, that is exactly what will happen!"

Erica looked up at Clarke who was making eye contact with her mother. "No decision has been made. In the meantime, please report to your station supervisor and gather emergency supplies."

The hoard all followed Abby's directions, all moving to different places and jostling Erica around in the process.

As Erica turned to follow Clarke to wherever she was going, Bellamy grabbed her out of nowhere. "Bellamy. Where did you go? I haven't seen you since last night."

"The drop ship. I need you guys to come with me right now,"

Erica tapped Clark on the shoulder, and she joined the conversation. "What's going on? Where have you been?"

"I'll explain on the way. Clarke, get a med kit and meet us at Raven's gate." Bellamy instructed, pulling Erica away.

"Bellamy, what's going on?" Erica queried as Bellamy lead her away from all the commotion.

"We can't talk here, you'll see when we get there. Just please, trust me."

Clarke Erica and Bellamy strode through the gate of their old home, letting in sink in how much it'd changed. She really hadn't noticed when she was there last. Erica's hand flew to her mouth in shock when she noticed the charred skeletons scattered all over the place. She was so thankful that she'd left before the explosion, and thankful the majority of her friends escaped the battle unscathed.