x. DESOLATION

Erica couldn't sleep, so she had spent the rest of the night wandering around the camp, checking on all of her loved ones, making sure that they were all breathing.

It seemed silly, but it made the girl feel better to know that everyone she cared about was alive. Everyone she had left, at least.

The others woke up as the sun rose, one by one, and they shortly continued their journey to Tondc.

Erica had been given a horse, which she had been told was a peace offering from the Commander. She had quickly taken a liking to the horse, which she named Apollo, after Finn's favorite ancient god.

He was tall, and his sleek dark coat was as black as Earth's sky after nightfall. He was strong and muscular, but his gentle demeanor made Erica feel safe and protected.

Erica had mounted Apollo and rode up front, next to Lexa. The two did not exchange any words, as the blonde was still giving the Commander the silent treatment, but her company at the head of the pack showed her thanks for the gift.

Erica had grown tired from her lack of sleep, but she was quickly snapped back into reality when Lexa's right hand began barking orders to open the gate in Trigedasleng.

They had arrived in Tondc, a village that had once been prosperous and joyful, but was now gloomy and forlorn because of Finn's actions.

The horses all slowed to a halt, including Apollo, and Erica dismounted him.

"Weapons," Gustus grunted, approaching where the rest of Skaikru was stopped.

A man next to him held out a metal tin, and Lincoln willingly dropped a knife in it. "We have to disarm before we enter," he explained, nodding to Bellamy.

Clarke complied, placing her own firearms in the basket. Bellamy followed, and soon after Erica was the last one.

She looked to Lincoln, and he nodded in her direction, as if he was signaling 'it's okay'.

Erica handed Gustus her rifle, pulled out a pistol from her waistband, and a knife from her sock, dropping them all in the bin.

Lexa came up next to her and nudged her elbow. "Erica,"

The blonde rolled her eyes and unsheathed a dangerous looking dagger from underneath Apollo's saddle. "That's it."

The others entered the village, leaving Erica and Clarke in the dust.

"What has gotten into you?" Clarke questioned.

"What are you talking about?"

"You just pulled a bunch of knives and guns out of your back pocket. You've never liked the idea of weapons. Why now?" Clarke was genuinely concerned, but Erica seemed unfazed.

"He's dead now. That's why." She stepped closer to her friend and shook her head. "I'm done being the naive little girl that paints flowers and chases butterflies. I couldn't protect Finn when he needed me, how am I supposed to protect the rest of you?" Erica felt a lump in her throat, ashamed of her next words. "I'm terrified, Clarke. I can't sleep, which only makes it worse, and I'm trying to but I don't trust Lexa."