Wishes

You didn't realize, but after the two boys walked away, you feel asleep once more. You dreamed about nothing in-particular, though you did fell your face and body get ... wet. You opened your eyes to see that it was raining outside the rocks. 

You were confused as to why you could feel the rain, even though you haven't been able to feel it before. You watched as the rain fell, it seemed to echo throughout your ears. You were mesmerized by the tranquil sound of the titter-patter of the falling water, you closed your eyes to just listen to the rain.

After a while you realized that the rain had stopped falling onto your face through the seeping holes in the rocks. You opened your eyes to see a blue covering in front of your peephole. It was an Umbrella.

You tried to see who it was who brought it and put it over top of you. You soon realized it when you heard them speak. They were also crying.

"Grandmother, ..." They said in a low sad tone. "Can you tell me why life is cruel."

They started to sob, you felt bad because you recognized the voice as Joshua, but deeper than the last time you heard him. You wanted to comfort him so bad, except there was no way how.

"I-I could be crazy, but if you can see this, p-please look." He leaned closer to where your looking hole was. You saw him for a second, he still had a sort of a baby face, except for some facial hair. He also let his hair grow long, the bangs were almost hiding his golden eyes. His tired golden eyes, showed by the bags under them and the redness in them.

After looking to see your face, he pulled out a rectangular figure, it was a phone. He had a news report frozen on it. He pressed play on the video.

"There was a 5-way car crash on the intersection of Lorette Dr. and Earnest Rd."

The reporter spoke. You watched as you saw a playback of the black and white security camera footage of the road. A small car had first rammed into a van coming from the left, after that a 14-wheeler flipped over the small car, it skidded on the gravel and pushed the van to the side, making it crash into two more 18-wheelers, one was holding an excess amount of gas, the other was releasing fumes that caused an explosion. It seemed that the explosion was directed in between the two 18-wheelers, it set the van a blaze. You squinted to see that a few people were able to get out of the fire and run far away from it. No one came from the van. You were shocked as to what had happened, the reporter spoke back up.

"After the explosion, we found 9 injured and treated to the hospital for burned flesh and gasoline poisoning. Sadly, 5 were found burned alive and deceased. The following were people who weren't able to escape their vehicle in time, they were identified as: Sandra Yeager - Age 36, Amy Franklin - Age 23,Penelope Yeager- Age 14, Ryan Yeager - Age 39, William Yeager - Age 98."

'William Yeager, Does that mean the van was filled with Joshua's family.' You thought as you listened to more of the tragic cause of the deaths.

"My Mother, Father, Sister, Fiance, and Grandfather died in the crash." Joshua said as he took the phone back. "I am alone now, even though my child was just born, it is still being held in the hospital, since he has Hemolytic disease of the newborn, (a severe form of anemia caused in a fetus or newborn infant by incompatibility with the mother's blood type.),they say he has a 1% chance he will live anyway. What am I going to do."

You didn't know it, but Joshua had pulled something out of his pocket. "It looks like your story will end here, Grandmother." You could fell the pressure on you lower half as he leaned on the rocks. "And so will mine."

You were confused as to what he meant. Soon you understood as you could hear the 'click-clack' of the gun he held. You tried your best to shift the rocks to stop him, but no movement.

"I guess I can just be with you Grandmother, lying here in an abandoned prison, dead." He said between quiet tears. You were trying to think of a way how you could prevent this from happening.

Then you remembered that while you felt the rain fall on your face, it fell in your mouth. Luckily, it was still trickling a little, you opened your mouth and swallowed some of the salty rain. It was just enough for you to speak.

Joshua held the gun to his head. "Grandmother, I wish you could help me." He said before setting his finger on the trigger.

"J-Joshua."

You spoke with a raspy voice. He heard you through the sound of rain pouring down, he set down the gun and leaned his head back. "Grandmother, is that you?" He asked.

"W-what, I must really be crazy." He said as he threw the gun to the ground away from him. He leaned back over to your crack, he glanced into it as you squinted your eyes.

You wanted to speak, you wanted to tell him that he needs to believe that he can't kill himself. You didn't want him to believe that life was over, he seemed to be something you didn't want to let go.

'Vvvrrrr .... Vvvvrrr ...' You heard something besides the rain, it was Joshua's phone. He answered it. "H-hello." He spoke.

After a short moment, Joshua seemed a little excited. "W-what! My baby ... he's gonna be alright! ... That's amazing! ... I'm coming right away." He stood up and starting running away from you. He ran back to say one thing.

"Thank you Grandmother."

With that he left you, and his umbrella, and went all the way to the hospital. For some reason, you were dumbfounded on why he thanked you. You didn't do anything but say one word.

Sadly, all of that excitement had you tired for sure. You had slightly closed your eyes as you watched the rain clear up. Before you fell asleep you could see the blue sky and the sun. You had also seen a rainbow. This was the first time in your life that you had seen a rainbow.

"They really are beautiful.' You thought as you drifted off into slumber.

The sound of Joshua's words echoed in your ears.

"Thank you Grandmother."

Spy Resurrecting |{Being Revised}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara