Chapter Thirteen: Truth And Consequences.

A/N: WOW, I haven't updated this book in forever. Enjoy!

EDITED ON JULY 18TH, 2018 @ 8:05AM

»»————- ✼ ————-««

CHAPTER THIRTEEN - TRUTH AND CONSEQUENCES

𝓣𝙰𝙽𝙽𝙴𝚁

WE WERE AT THE CAVE when we found out that Dr. Oliver has been fossilized. "Is he okay?" Ethan asked. "This internal scan should be able to tell us more." Hayley informed. "What's the deal? Is he frozen or something?" Kira asked. Hayley sighed. "Not exactly. It's more like he's fossilized, fused into this amber-like substance." She replied.

"Can you get him out?" I asked. Hayley shook her head. "Too risky. He's able to stay alive in there, but I'd hate to think what would happen if I broke him out." Hayley answered. "A paleontologist turned into a fossil. The White Ranger's got a great sense of humor." Ethan commented. "Well, personally, I've had enough with him." I said. "Let's find out who this guy is and deal with him." Conner stated. "Now."

We were at Hayley's Cyberspace. "Maybe Hayley's got some ideas." Ethan said. "Yeah, but it looks like she's kinda busy right now." Kira informed. We saw Hayley rushing to get people's orders. "Well, let's hit the streets. It's not like The White Ranger's just going to walk in here." Conner said. At that moment Trent walked in.

"Hey, Trent." I said. "Hey." Trent said walking up to the counter. "Thank goodness. I'm getting slammed here." Hayley said when she saw Trent. "Hayley, listen, I got to talk to you." Trent started to say. "Later. Grab a tray." Hayley interrupted him. "I can't. I'm quitting." Trent stated. Conner, Ethan, Kira, and I looked at him.

"Why? Trouble with your dad again?" Hayley guessed. "No, it's not that. I just— I just have to quit." Trent replied. "I'm sorry." He added. I decided to catch him before he went out the door. "Hey. Wait a minute." I said. Trent sighed. "You're just going to bail on Hayley like that?" I asked. "Yeah, I know, it seems sudden." He said.

"Don't you think you owe her some kind of explanation?" I asked. "You don't understand. Tanner, something weird has happened. And I feel like if I don't tell someone, I'm going to explode." Trent informed. I was now curious. "Well, what is it? You can tell me." I stated. Before Trent could say anything, Cassidy came through the door.

"Excuse me, people— Important announcement!" Cassidy said as the door slammed in my face. "Attention— look at me!" Cassidy continued to shout. Trent sighed. Everyone in the cafe turned to looked at Cassidy. "I have the scoop of the century. Excuse me, girls, I need the stage." Trent and I turned to look at her.

"And as my faithful core audience, I wanted to share it with you guys first." Cassidy explained. "What do you think this is about?" Ethan asked. "Maybe she's decided to run for queen?" I guessed. Conner, Kira, and Ethan chuckled at that. "I have uncovered the identity of the one and only White Ranger." Cassidy said. Trent looked scared.

"And any minute now, my assistant Devin is going to come through that door with videotape evidence." Cassidy continued. Everyone looked towards the door. "Any minute." Cassidy chuckled. Everyone continued looking at the door. "Where is he?" Cassidy wondered. Devin then came through the door.

"Oh, Oh, Cass, I'm here! Sorry I'm late!" Devin said. "So. . . Devin, where is your camera?" Cassidy asked as Devin came to the stage. "Uh. . . See, that might be just a little problem." Devin informed. "Only if you don't have it." Cassidy stated. Devin chuckled nervously as everyone waited. "Look. . ." Devin said as he whispered to Cassidy.