Chapter Seventeen: Bully For Ethan.

A/N: We are so close to Episode 21 which is my favorite! (if you watched the show you know why) enjoy!

EDITED ON JULY 18TH, 2018 @ 8:49AM

»»————- ✼ ————-««

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN  - BULLY FOR ETHAN

𝓣𝙰𝙽𝙽𝙴𝚁

I WAS AT THE COMMAND center with Dr. Oliver as I slammed a stack of papers on the desk. "No offense Dr. O., but you need some serious improvement when it comes to organization." I informed. "That's why you're here. Thanks for helping me out." Dr. Oliver said. "What is all this stuff, anyway?" I asked.

"Odds and ends — Mostly from before I joined up with Mercer. I thought, as long as I'm stuck in my Ranger form, I may as well put the time to good use." Dr. Oliver replied. "Wow." I exclaimed as I picked up and old picture of Dr. Oliver. "Nice hair." I complimented. "Hey, it was in style back then." Dr. Oliver stated. "Is this who I think it is?" I asked holding a picture. "Man, that seems like a lifetime ago. This picture was taken at our first dig." Dr. Oliver explained. "Who's that guy?" I asked, pointing to the guy on the right side.

"His name is Terence Smith. Everyone called him "Smitty."" Dr. Oliver replied. "What happened to him?" I asked again. "It's kind of sad, really. He and I were up for the same job at Anton Mercer Industries. Anton chose me, so Smitty went to work for another company. Then, there was this accident." Dr. Oliver answered.

"Not really a happy family memento?" I guessed. "I'm not even sure where it came from. Just put it over there in that trash pile." Dr. Oliver said. "Okay." I said as I threw the picture in the trash pile. As I was rushing to class, I saw Ethan fighting a monster. I also saw Zeltrax. "Great, like I'm not late enough?" I muttered to myself. I hid behind a pillar. I looked around to see if anyone was watching before I pulled out my morpher.

"Ready." I said as I pressed the button. "Dino Thunder, Power Up! HA!" I shouted. I morphed. "Carno Power!" I yelled. "Hey! Back off!" I shouted as I fired my gun. "You okay?" I asked Ethan. I pointed my gun at the monster and Zeltrax. "Little boy, why don't you step aside?" I told Ethan. "Little boy?" Ethan questioned.

"Come on, Ethan. Go." I whispered to him. "Right." Ethan said as he ran off. I started fighting Zeltrax and Termitetron. Just as Termitetron was about to attack me, Ethan came to my rescue. "This guy bugs me." Ethan commented. Meanwhile, I was fighting Zeltrax, dodging his every move. I put my foot on his weapon. "Oh, cool! A Purple Ranger!" I heard Cassidy say. "Not now!" I shouted as I saved her and Devin from an attack from Zeltrax.

I continued dodging Zeltrax's attacks. He finally kicks me in the chest. "He always gets me with that one!" I said. "How about this one?" Zeltrax asked. He then attacked me. "Tanner!" Ethan shouted as he helped me up. "I'm okay." I told him. "Nice shot!" Termitetron commented. "I want you to give a message to the Black Ranger." Zeltrax stated.

"You ever heard of E-mail?" Ethan asked. "Tell him to surrender to me at the old warehouse before sunset, or I will turn Termitetron loose on the city!" Zeltrax said as they disappeared into a portal. "Great." Ethan said. Ethan and I walked into Dr. Mercer's class late. "Sorry we're late. Did we miss anything?" Ethan asked. "Well, nothing you can't make up in detention... after school today." Anton replied.

"Why does this feel really familiar?" I asked. That's when Ethan got tripped by Derrick. "My bad." Derrick said. "Derrick... I believe there are rules in the student handbook about treating your fellow students with courtesy and respect. Why don't you join us in detention today to review them?" Anton said. "Now... let's open our textbooks to chapter 8..." Anton continued on with the lesson.

The bell rang as we left Dr. Mercer's class. "You're gonna tell Dr. O. about Zeltrax, right?" I asked Conner. "Yeah, okay, but what about you, Ethan?" Conner asked. "What about me?" Ethan replied. "The fight." Conner said. "The whole school knows about it." I added. Cassidy and Devin came up to us. "Oh, Ethan, hello. Okay, good luck for today. And if you happen to fall over, fall towards the camera that will be really good for me!" Cassidy said.

"I'll be fine." Ethan answered. "Look, unlike some people, we're your friends. And we're not gonna let you do something stupid. So Derrick is a bully who can kick your butt. Who cares?" Kira stated. "Wait, you're not gonna use your Dino Power on him, right?" I asked. "No, I'm not gonna use my Dino Power." Ethan responded.

"Dude, no offense, but without it—" Conner started off. "There's other ways to deal with a bully." Ethan informed. Derrick, Ethan, and I looked at the clock. "You may leave." Anton said. "That was fun." I said sarcastically. That's when mine and Ethan's morphers beeped. Ethan looked at Derrick. "We may have to reschedule." He said. "I knew you'd try to get out of it." Derrick commented. "Believe me, I want this over as much as you, but something just came up." Ethan told him.

"He's not lying. It's important." I added. "As soon as I'm done, I'll be back. I'll meet you on the soccer field." Ethan promised. "One hour. And if you don't come back, I'm coming looking for you, and you won't like it when I find you." Derrick said. Ethan and I just got up and left. We ended up joining Conner, Kira, and Dr. Oliver at the warehouse.

"Guys!" Ethan shouted as we ran over to them. I helped Conner up while Ethan helped Dr. Oliver and Kira up. "I thought you were supposed to meet Zeltrax." I told Dr. Oliver. "I guess he was afraid to face me in person." Dr. Oliver replied. "He'll be here. I'm just the welcoming party." Termitetron exclaimed. "I guess we better change into our costumes then." Conner said. "Ready?" Conner asked. "Ready!" Ethan, Kira, and I replied. "Dino Thunder, Power Up! HA!" All four of us shouted.

We all morphed into our Ranger forms. "Dino Power!" We all shouted. "You posers are no match for me!" Termitetron said. He then attacked us with flying insects. Conner fired lasers as the flies disappeared. "Hey! Those are my babies!" Termitetron said. "Feel this baby!" Conner exclaimed as he attacked Termitetron with his Tryanno Staff. "Tryanno Staff!" Conner shouted as he did a full spin attack on the monster.

"Let's put 'em together!" Conner shouted as all of our weapons connected. "Z-Rex Blaster!" We all shouted. We fired the blaster as the monster was destroyed. That's when the monster grew. "I'm a big bad bug!" Termitetetron exclaimed. "You guys ready?" Dr. Oliver said. That's when Zeltrax showed up. "Rangers!" Zeltrax said. "Better late than never!" Dr. Oliver said. "I'd say my timing is perfect. Give up and I call him off, or take your chances with me." Zeltrax. "You know what I choose, guys?" Dr. Oliver said.

"Right!" All four of us replied. Dr. Oliver called the Zords as all four of us got into our Zords. Then we created our Megazord. "Nice hardware! I think I'll eat it!" Temitetron said. The monster attacked us. "We could use some bug spray!" Conner exclaimed. "This annoying pest needs a good swipe!" Kira commented. We threw the monster down on the ground. "My turn!" Termitetron said. "Let's dino-might this termite!" Conner said. We threw him aside.

"Dino Drill!" Conner shouted. We watched as the monster was finally destroyed. We arrived at the soccer field where Ethan was meeting up with Derrick. "Are you sure you want to do this? I mean, the guy's a jerk." Conner said. "Would you just trust me, for once?" Ethan said. I stood behind Ethan as Conner got in front of him. "Out of my way, McKnight. This is between me and the geek here." Derrick stated.

Conner stepped aside and I followed him. "Okay, here's the deal. I could fight you, but what would that prove? Instead, I'd like to make you a proposition." Ethan told him. Derrick chuckled. "You're bailing?" He said. "I think I can improve your game. If I do, you promise to back off me and my friends. My L.T., please." Ethan called out as one of his friends gave him his computer.

Derrick came closer to him. "This is a computer image of you kicking. I superimposed it against an image of a pro player from Manchester." Ethan explained. "How'd you do that?" Derrick asked. "I'm a computer geek, remember?" Ethan reminded him. "Yeah." Derrick replied. "Look, see where you're booting it? It's just that one little hitch in your kick." Ethan explained.

Ethan placed the soccer ball in front of Derrick. Then Derrick kicked it as it went into the goal.

»»————- ✼ ————-««

A/N: Two updates in one day? Wow I'm amazing. Hope you enjoyed!

Word Count: 1530 words.