Chapter One - Entrance

The melodious sound of the bell signalling homeroom was about to begin for yet another day sounded through the courtyard which was engulfed in seasonal flowers and the warm spring air. Students slowly hustles themselves into the glamorous multi-story building, discussing their recent weekend activities, the girls delicately lifting the hems of their expensive uniform dresses as they gracefully walk up the stairs, the boys simultaneously fixing their ties and hair hoping it'll make them look more pristine and polished than they were stepping out of their equally stylish homes.

The patting of designer shoes brought the idle, day dreaming students back to their senses, joining the fray as they walked to their respective rooms, eventually the echoing footsteps faded away as all of the students sat in their seats. All except one.

"Hello! My name is Akiyama, Akiyama Kanna." Spoke a young girl with a genuine smile on her lively face, showing off rows of perfect white teeth.

The receptionist looked up from whatever bookwork occupied her at the moment as her lips formed a thin line, somewhat resembling a smile, "Ah yes, Miss Akiyama the transfer, am I correct?" The lady asked, not even acknowledging Kanna's slight nod before continuing, "I have your schedule here with me, if you may please go though the door behind me on my right," she paused, clicking her pen which even looked expensive, "the headmaster would like to see you before you head to class." The receptionist finished, passing a fresh ironed piece of laminated paper across the tall desk which separated the two before Kanna scurried around the barrier, slightly intimidated by the overly-formal lady.

She took a calm breath before rapping on the door thrice, and entering after a muffled voice called her in. "Hello sir, my name is-"

The headmaster cut her off, "Ah yes! Akiyama, good to see your mother has finally brought you over!" Mr Suoh beamed, opening his arms wide as a welcome. Kanna simply nodded with a smile before sitting in front of the friendly man. "I remember when she came over last with your uncle for a meeting about the Miss Universe fashion show, my you've grown since then! Tell me, do you intend to follow in her footsteps?"

"Well sir," Kanna began, nervously twiddling her thumbs, somewhat wishing to just skip the small talk and head to homeroom, "not particularly, see I've taken quite a liking to movie production and film, so I wouldn't mind aspiring to do something with that career path." She smiled once again, attempting to hide the eye twitch that tempted to surface. She knew film production wasn't seen as a 'high class' profession, so she was often talked down to for it, and she knew Headmaster Suoh wasn't much different, though he tried to hide it with consideration. 'What about the lack of stability?' 'Wouldn't you like to follow your parents?' 'Our school doesn't specialise in that area sadly'. It was always the same, but she'd learned to simply brush off the questions.

After a short while longer of the small talk Headmaster Suoh lead Kanna out to the hall, then dismissing her so she could at least see her homeroom before first class began. Her designer shoes created a rhythmic tapping as she ran through the maze-like halls. "Class 1-B? I have no idea where that is!" She complained, becoming a bit short of breath, small beads of sweat forming on the back of her neck. Whether they were from her nerves or the bulky dress that weighed her down was a mystery. Once again reading over the fine print on the paper in front of her, she squinted lightly in hopes of focusing better, but as she did so she lost focus on what was in front of her.

Before she new it she collided with something and felt an ache in her behind, slowly leaning up and rubbing where the impact hit in an attempt to sooth the pain. Looking up she began to frantically apologise to what- or more like who- she bumped into. It was a boy with a small frame, who had mop of blond hair atop his round head. For a moment he looked extremely worried and concerned for the girl's wellbeing, before his whole aura darkened, looking down sadly all he did was offer a hand to Kanna. "Be more careful." He muttered, a voice that sounded like it was naturally a high octave being pushed down in an attempt to sound intimidating.

Kanna turned to watch his retreating figure, and decided to hurriedly recollect herself and follow the boy. "Excuse me!" She called, waving out to him. "I'm extremely sorry!" The boy turned at his, trying to hide what looked like a smile while looking up at the girl inquisitively. "I'm a bit lost, do you know where class 1-B is?" Kanna asked, looking hopefully down at the blond.

He simply nodded, gesturing for her to follow. They walked in silence. No small talk, no introductions. After about 5 minutes, though it felt like an eternity to both of them, they came to a halt in front of a door which was ajar. Kanna thanked him, before she entered however the boy looked up at her glistening eyes, "Haninozuka" he said, a small smile adorning his features.

The girl smiled, moving some of her deep navy hair behind her hair, which had come loose from the high ponytail it was in. "Akiyama." They both simultaneously turned to go their respective ways, Haninozuka going into class 1-A which was right next to Kanna's class.

The room was silent, everyone with their noses in some form of literature that was on their desk. Kanna cleared her throat as she walked in. "Hello, are you Miss Akiyama? We've been waiting. Please introduce yourself!" The teacher exclaimed, with a little too much excitement for this time of morning.

Her dress flowed behind her as she stepped up to the blackboard, writing her name in pristine white chalk before turning to the class, whose attention was completely fixated on the newcomer. "Nice to meet you, my name is Akiyama Kanna but feel free to call me Kanna. I hope we can get along." The girl announced as loud as she could muster after all the energy she lost while rushing to find the room.

"Very good Miss Akiyama," spoke the teacher, "I'm Mr Kousaka, you can have the seat in front of Miss Fujino." He finished before heading to the podium and fishing a pile containing a large amount of class notes.

As Kanna went to her seat, laying her bag down next to her as a tap on her shoulder caught her attention, craning her head around to meet the eyes of the girl behind her. "I'm Hiromi! I hope we can be friends!" she whispered, winking while flashing a peace sign and smiling, showing her pearly, slightly pointy teeth. Kanna took a moment to absorb the girl's appearance, she was very slender, with long caramel hair which was in a side braid, a few shorter strands fallen loose only to frame her angled face, which was decorated with long black lashes and rose cheeks, complimenting her crystal blue eyes.

"Yeah, I hope so too!"