Chapter Four - Guest

Coats that were thick with synthetic, and sometimes real fur, and gloves woven from only the finest cotton and wool adorned the students of Ouran Academy, while small snowflakes fell down onto the noses of students who hustled inside to take shelter from the bitter cold. It was nearing winter break, which meant that Christmas was around the corner as well, and the traditional standard tinsel and wreaths were encasing the halls of the school, looking just as well groomed and perfect as the students that huddled inside the door as they cleared their persons of stray snowflakes that littered their hair and jumpers.

Hiromi was just overcoming a cold from the weather, a small, high pitched sneeze coming out of her, shaking her thin frame and causing a few younger boys to look over, a light pink dusting their cheeks and ears. Hiromi and Kanna, now in class 2-A, were considered among the finest, for reasons they didn't acknowledge. Quite a few guys would come up to ask them out, which they agreed to if they could go as a group of friends much to the boys' disappointment. Kanna was decently oblivious when it came to dating, never having dated before herself she had a hard time growing accustom to the idea of rejecting someone.

On the other hand, Hiromi was a born natural. Her tall, thin frame and soft face made her extremely desireable, even to upperclassmen. She's often laugh off comments about how guys' faces would redden when they spoke, often blaming it on how cold the weather was, or 'maybe they have the heating up too high in here'. Kanna found it hilarious, honestly.

As for Morinozuka and Haninozuka, they had a few underclassmen looking up to their pure strength, though the girls constantly felt pity for the smaller boy. It wasn't hard to see how much he wanted to be his normal self. Morinozuka found not much trouble, turning down any attention, simply stating that he was loyal to his cousin. Of course they'd get questions when they had been spotted with Hiromi and Kanna, along with speculation of them being in a relationship, or even them being betrothed.

It wasn't until one underclassman approached Haninozuka, in an attempt to convince him to be himself. The girls and Morinozuka noticed this, and as much as they knew for his family, they should steer the blonde, bubbly boy away from their friend, they knew it was his decision to make. Though this didn't ease their worries, they would still observe what was happening from a safe distance.

After another exhausting day of classes, with people getting more and more excited about the holiday season and asking Kanna for help with their clubs since she never exactly joined one, her and Hiromi walked out the front gate, glancing back at the light pink building before turning to leave, looking forward to the weekend. Hiromi adjusted her bow over her back as they walked. While Kanna never joined any club, she herself had taken a liking to archery, and in turn, joined the archery club. She made connections with some upperclassmen who had managed to tell her that the boy who was bothering Haninozuka was Headmaster Suoh's son himself, Suoh Tamaki.

They both hopped into a limousine awaiting their arrival, it was only Tuesday so the two had decided to head back to Hiromi's place, both her parents left for yet another trip overseas so the house was theirs.

Kanna's thoughts began to drift. She remembers the argument she had with her mother the night before. Her mother crying out to her daughter with a hint of disgust, "You fool! Kanna don't you see? Filmmaking and photography aren't stable careers! I don't want you to fail and disgrace this household!" The words echoing in her mind, her mother pleading for her to go into a similar career as her like fashion, acting, modelling. Kanna didn't like being in front of a camera, she much preferred being behind it, capturing the beauty and conveying emotions with a short film or even single photo. Her mother allowed her to purchase cameras and take photos of Himori on their days out, giving both Kanna experience and Hiromi something to upload to her Instragram.

Don't take this the wrong way- Kanna was a lovely young lady and could easily be on the opposite side of the camera if she pleased, she just chose not to be. Hiromi much preferred being the model as well, so it worked out wonderfully. Their weekends consisted of finishing their studies before noon together on Saturdays, then choosing two sets of outfits for Hiromi, one for the evening tonight and one for the next day, and picking a location to go to. Whether she would film her wandering around of snap photos of her holding up a Gucci handbag to compliment the Hittachin sweater and Pandora bracelets.

While Kanna was in the middle of thinking up a new theme for their shoot this weekend, a tap on her shoulder had brought her back to the current world. "Come on, you can fly to Neverland later. We're here!" Giggled Hiromi, lightly holding Kanna's hand as she pulled her out of the limo. "I bet you were thinking about Takashi!" She gasped, slapping her free hand to her face.

Kanna tilted her head in confusion, not because of the friendly use of his first name, as after a few months of them spending time together, they all mutually decided to be on a first name basis when not at school. She parted her mouth to question the accusation but before she could get one word past her chapped lips, she was dragged into the house, stretching to close the door behind her. After being dragged (literally) up to the second floor of Hiromi's home, she finally threw herself onto the plush double bed and let out a sigh. "I swear I can never relax when you're around!" She exclaimed, dramatically throwing her hands into the air before letting them fall beside her body.

After a moment of silence they both burst out laughing, the sounds of pure humour filling the room. It did not last long however, as a curt knock at the door cut their fits of giggles short. Hiromi jumped up and ran towards the front door, "Race you!" She called, letting out some inaudible battle cry and Kanna bolted out behind her, sliding down the railing of the stairs and colliding with the floor as she landed not so gracefully.

The girls didn't have to particularly worry about maids interrupting them, as Hiromi's parents believe in good work ethic and made sure all family members cleaned up after themselves. The only staff was their head butler, Tetsu. He was a middle-aged man with no hair on his head, give for a bit of stubble. As Kanna was told, he was a family friend who grew up close to Hiromi's father, and when life turned him on his head, Mr Fujino offered a place in their home out of love and empathy for the man. Tetsu was close to each family member in their own way, he acting like another parent towards the daughter of the household since her real parents took a trip at least three times a year.

The two girls, tailed by the butler walked to the front door, opening the large wooden door invitingly to reveal just who had knocked. The girls went silent at who they saw, his blond mop of hair blowing with the chill wind, making even the few standing inside shiver. He looked expectantly at the two girls who had answered.

"Suoh?"

Heyhey! This is Dj! I usually put off leaving A/N in the stories but if there are any other stories people would like while I have time, what ones would be good? They can be Ouran, ships or with an OC or reader (though I've never pulled off an 'xReader' one before LMAO). I'm also open to requests for other stories which would have different plotlines or based off a different show! (I've seen a lot to recommend away xx)

But let me know if there's anything else you'd like me to write! I'm always open to ideas and requests!